x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Netbook Pro max memory card size

mscdex Page Icon Posted 2008-11-25 3:31 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

According to PDAdb, the Netbook Pro can use up to 2GB cards just fine and also "may comply with some memory cards with higher capacity than 2GB." My question is, has anyone here successfully used a memory card larger than 2GB on their NBP? If so, what make and model?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2008-11-25 3:49 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I'm almost sure it supports 4 GB SD cards but be careful - not SDHC! Just as other devices with SD slot.
But let's wait a bit for NB owners.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-25 7:32 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I dunno about that - while I haven't tried an SD card bigger than 1 GB on my NB Pro, I recall that when I tried a 2 GB SD (not SHDC) card in my Sig 3, it only recognized 1 GB. Is that a difference between CE 4.1 and 4.2 .net?
 Top of the page
tomboyed Page Icon Posted 2008-11-25 8:14 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I am currently using the Kingston Elite Pro 4GB 133X compact flash card in my Netbook Pro as the storage card to store some of the installed programs. Also for SD card, I am using Kingston 2GB SD card (not SHDC) as my backup. All the above cards so far works perfectly in my Netbook Pro.
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2008-11-26 5:44 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm using a 4GB Transcend 133X Compact Flash card and it works like a charm.

Cheers
SainT
 Top of the page
ilys Page Icon Posted 2008-11-26 6:48 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

My NB Pro does not work with anything larger than a 4GB CF card and 2GB SD card. While my 8GB CF card does show, it cannot access the full 8GB.
Also tried "faking" my 4GB SDHC card with an SD/CF adaptor, but that wouldn't even show up.
Not tried MMC yet.
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2008-11-26 8:48 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I read some where (maybe here at hpcfactor.com?) that the original SD card specs only covered implementing up to 1 GB capacity. Some manufacturers make higher capacity (non SDHC) cards, but since there is no "standard" for this, they may each make theirs differently. So some cards work in one device, but not in another.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2008-11-26 10:32 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

theoak - 2008-11-26 8:48 PM

I read some where (maybe here at hpcfactor.com?) that the original SD card specs only covered implementing up to 1 GB capacity. Some manufacturers make higher capacity (non SDHC) cards, but since there is no "standard" for this, they may each make theirs differently. So some cards work in one device, but not in another.

Exactly, that was why I was inquiring if anyone here had luck with certain makes/models of SD cards >2GB on the NBP. Since according to the specs on PDAdb, it possibly will work with some of those non-standard >2GB SD (non-HC) cards.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11