x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Bluetooth? Map storage as drive or run exe stored on another device?

mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-11-26 5:48 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Was just wondering.....

Is there a way I can make storage on a device connected by bluetooth look like a drive on the local machine?

Or using some form of file explorer locally execute a .exe stored on the storage of an item connected via bluetooth?

You see I have another cunning plan re GPS on smartbook. The latest drivers I got from socket for CE4.2 seem to indicate it can handle multiple connections at the same time. If this is true and I can make storage on my phone look like a drive somehow then I could store GPS software and maps on phone and connect to BT GPS at same time.

Really not sure if this can be done. Just one of those crazy ideas I get from time to time. Will have a play tonight but just thought worth asking if anyone had at least done one half of the equation by running programs stored on bluetooth device.

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-11-26 9:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

hmmmm may try this.

Think I can get phone to share storage over bluetooth with samba just need to find a way to map a samba drive over the bluetooth connection. Seems like a few PPC users have said they can map a samba drive so if anyone has any info or pointers that may help me do this I would appreciate it a lot.

Fingers crossed

John
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.109 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9