x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MorphGear emulator

Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-11-29 2:29 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I thought i would try to install an emulator on my HPC. That would mean a wider range of classic games to play when i'm on the go. I haveTrouble is, once I have installed all the applications and everything else, it makes me a bit confused deciding which plugins to install and so forth.
There was no readme that came with the package. I used my senses and installed 'The Main Application', then I installed the TurboGrafx-16_and_PC-Engine. I guessed that the 'main_application' folder contained the setup files for the actual program, and the 'MorphModules' folder to contain plugins. I was pleased to see that I could choose which game consoles I wanted to use with the emulator. I also guessed that the TurboGrafx-16_and_PC-Engine was something to improve performance of the emulator. Since the main purpose of the emulator was to be able to play one of my favourite classic games: The NES SMB, I copied the NES Gameboy folder setup files to the Jornada.
Next, I tried loading the emulator. Annoyingly, it displayed an irretating message:

'Destiny: Exception in
E:\Dev\SpicyPixel\Destiny\src\GAPI\GAPIDisplay.cpp at line 136.

GAPI was not found on your system. Please verify GX.DLL is installed.'

Where can I install GX.DLL, why isn't it included in the package (or at least I couldn't find it), and why do i need it?
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-11-29 3:32 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The turbografx-16 plugin doesnt improve performance. Its actually the turbografx-16 emulator made by NEC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbografx_16

You can get GAPI from here: http://www.wincesoft.de/html/gapi_for_hpc_s.html Its basically 'directx' for handhelds.

You can also use nesterj4u for nes linked on my website under emulators.

Cheers.

Edited by RTFM 2008-11-29 3:35 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-29 4:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

TurboGrafx16 is a game engine for specific games. For example, I installed the TG16 plugin with MorphGear on my Phenom Express so I could play a version of Klax that runs on that game engine.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-11-30 5:12 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Ahh. Right. I just recognised the name Turbo.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11