x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ActiveSync problem w/ new iPaq 111

jubujoy12 Page Icon Posted 2008-12-09 10:08 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I hope someone can help - I'm at my wit's end. I just got a new iPaq which came with activeSync 4.5. Loaded it onto my old Dell which has Windows XP and the Outlook that came with XP (Outlook 2002). I couldn't sync up, got Error Message 85010014, so I read the forums and then deleted 4.5 and tried downloading ActiveSync 3.8. When I downloaded 3.8 I got a message, "failed to create one or more System Registries -- you may need to run Setup again." (I ran Setup again but got the same message.) I also tried to follow instructions from Raj Pillai at Chris de Herrera's website, instructing to manually delete Rapi.dll from the System32 directory. However, there was no Rapi.dll in my System32 directory. Anyway, I then tried to sync my iPaq and PC, and got a message that it was not finding my connection.

Any advice, please?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-12-10 1:40 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You might be misled reading Handheld PC forums for ActiveSync advice for a Pocket PC. We recommend ActiveSync 3.8 here because it provides the best support for Handheld PCs (the devices with the core Windows CE desktop screen and, usually, a built-in QWERTY keyboard). It is less likely to make a difference with a Windows Mobile 6 device like your iPAQ. You might want to check a forum that specializes in Pocket PCs, such as Pocket PC Thoughts.
 Top of the page
jubujoy12 Page Icon Posted 2008-12-10 7:55 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'll try that - thanks
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12