x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobilepro 900c bluetooth with cell phone

bikereff Page Icon Posted 2008-12-14 1:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

I am new to using an HPC, but have been using a PDA (Toshiba 740e). I have read posts concerning connecting to the Internet using a bluetooth CF card and a bluetooth compatible phone. So now I have a question-if I can get the phone and Mobilepro to see each other, what other steps or process do I need in order to connect to the Internet this way?

Specifically, I know that I need to have Internet access available to the phone, but is there anything else I need to do? Does the phone have to be accessing the Internet for the Mobilepro to see it? Or will the Mobilepro require a special software to control the phone?

I am waiting for my bluetooth CF card to arrive (AmbiCom Air2Net card) in order to try this out. I am so used to using manual and instructions so maybe someone can give some step by step on how to try this out

Thanks
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-12-15 3:55 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Does your phone either support BT-DUN or BT-PAN?
 Top of the page
bikereff Page Icon Posted 2008-12-16 12:23 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm not sure. How to I find out? What is the difference?

Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-12-16 4:36 PM
#
H/PC Elder

One is Dial up Networking
the other is a Personal Area Network.

Google your phone to look up blutooth dial up and see if it mentions which profiles it has
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 12