x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobilepro 900c bluetooth with GPS receiver

bikereff Page Icon Posted 2008-12-14 2:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

I have another question, has anyone used a bluetooth GPS device with a Mobilepro 900c running a CF bluetooth receiver?

Does any bluetooth GPS work with this? Or is there known working setups?

I do know from reading the forums that some here have had success setting up Pocket Streets 2006 on the Mobilepro, but will it work with this bluetooth setup?

Or maybe I have too high of hopes with what I can do with the Mobilepro.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-12-14 12:30 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I have successfully used TomTom6 and a Holux GR-271 CF gps card through a pcmcia adaptor on a 900c. Worked great. I'd imagine the Holux card would also work with pocket streets and other mapping software.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2008-12-14 7:31 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

GlobalSat BC-337 (CF GPS card) also works. Also Socket Bluetooth Card (model is "Bluetooth Card", That's all it says on the card) works, but I don't have a bluetooth GPS to connect to, so can't comment about it working with one.
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-12-15 3:54 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I have used a Socket BT card with a few BT GPS recivers. Most BT recivers are NEMA data streams (most satnav software will be good for NEMA data as this is the industry standard). If your satnav software needs configured just pick whichever com port seriel is on for the socket card and pick NEMA though a lot of software doesn't even ask if it is NEMA.

What to look for in the BT reciver. Make sure it is a Sirf Star III and the more concurrent satellites it can recive data from the better.

John
 Top of the page
bikereff Page Icon Posted 2008-12-17 1:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

I received a Socket BT card today that I found on eBay for 8 bucks. I'll be seeing if it works then I'll look for the GPS receiver.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 9 - Executed queries : 65