x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

internet explorer locking up on my 720

docsdad
docsdad Page Icon Posted 2008-12-14 6:16 AM
#
When I go to some sites, on IE, the site will start to load and then stops. Seems to lock up. Have to do reset to get started again. Is this sign of running out of memory, or other problem. I used to be able to get more sites and now many lock up. I had used my 900C, and then it died so I am back to my 720. Any suggestions.

docsdad
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-12-14 7:02 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Try increasing the size of the cache available to it - you may need to move the cache to a CF card.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2008-12-14 11:54 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Sites are getting progressively more complicated, as web developers abandon simpler designs. This may explain why you can go to fewer sites than previously. There are some sites that will freeze even a 728 with maximum RAM free and cache on storage card. Fewer sites freeze Opera in this way, but the same is true for it too. It's not too uncommon now for a single web page to need 100MB to load. It shows how far we have progressed with technology... (?)
 Top of the page
Bill
Bill Page Icon Posted 2009-01-01 1:13 PM
#
I'm having the same problem on my 720. Can you tell me how to move the IE cache? I haven't been able to find where you can specify the cache location. Thank you!!!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-01-01 1:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Bill
Bill Page Icon Posted 2009-01-01 3:20 PM
#
It worked! I installed PowerToys 3, edited the registry, and I'm in business. Thank you for the help, and Happy New Year!!!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-01-01 3:41 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You're welcome. Happy new year to you as well.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.205 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11