x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Would like to go wireless with Jornada 720

Carlitos Page Icon Posted 2008-12-18 2:39 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Greetings. I am looking for suggesstions/recommendations on how to install a wireless card so I can go wireless with my Jornada 720 (which I just love!). Can someone recommend a wireless card and how to install the drivers for the card? Thanks in advance for your help.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-12-18 3:32 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Check out the Hardware Compatibility List for ideas for WiFi cards. (There are lots of compatible cards, and the HCL has links for driver files.)

http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/
 Top of the page
Carlitos Page Icon Posted 2008-12-18 3:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I will do that. Thank you for the info.
 Top of the page
PDAfan Page Icon Posted 2008-12-18 4:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

http://www.rokland.com/store/index.php

I recently purchased a NL-2511CD Plus EXT2 Mercury card from the guys listed above. They give detailed discriptions of the wireless cards they sell. It works great with Cmonex's Prism driver on the Jornada 720.

I have a love/hate relationship with the antenna. It sticks out pretty far, but making adjustments to the antenna help improve signal reception without having to shift the Jornada's position.
 Top of the page
Carlitos Page Icon Posted 2008-12-18 9:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi PDAfan,

Thank you for the info, also. I was looking at all of the WLAN cards and was wondering what would be a choice (so many of them). Thanks for your suggesstion. I'll check out the site.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.204 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 13