x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobilepro 900c LCD connector replacement

urbex Page Icon Posted 2008-12-29 5:13 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Some time ago I had to tear my 900c apart to fix the battery sense switch (the one that wouldn't allow the machine to boot up unless the battery was locked in). After mussing with it several times, somehow I lost the connector "clip" on the LCD connector _on_ the motherboard. I've spent the past year searching for a parts machine on ebay and Craigslist to no avail. Is it possible to get this clip, or even a whole connector from some place like Mouser or Digikey?

Alternatively, does the 770 or 780 use the same style LCD cable/connector, so that I might be able to expand my search to those models for parts as well?

Edited by urbex 2008-12-29 5:27 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-12-29 7:07 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That clip is unique to the 900 series, not used in any other Mobilepro. If the cable is not secure after inserting into the connector, you might try securing it with a glob of silicon caulking/adhesive.
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-12-29 2:22 PM
#
You are in luck. Just so happens i have a dead 900c (motherboard smoked due to loose screen cable shorting pins).

Here is the issue however... i'd like to sell it off as a whole unit w/accessories.
If you dont mind buying the whole thing its yours.

1) mp900c with decent outer shell, good lcd (but bad cable), good keyboard.
1) oem ac adaptor
2) standard batteries

$40 +shipping to us/canada only

contact me @ wicked5850 at yahoo dot com if interested as i cant log in to hpcfactor from work.

Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2008-12-30 12:30 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I'd be willing to take the batteries in a split with Urbex.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12