x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next »
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-20 2:08 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Thanks for the reminder! The first five minutes have been great.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-06-20 8:24 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Guys, help me out. Most of the series I watch are coming to an end for the season and won't be back until September and later. I need something to watch in the mean time. I do believe Futurama will start up the 25th of this month, but I need more then one show.

I usually watch, "The Office", "Breaking Bad", "The Simpsons", "American Dad" and "Family Guy". Granted, these aren't science fiction, but I've seen every episode of TNG, DS9 and Voyager. (I will NOT watch Enterprise.) Are there any other SciFi series out there (new or old) worth buying on DVD/Blue-Ray? Does anyone remember Seaquest DSV? Anyone know if that's out on DVD?

Suggestions and misc. input appreciated.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-06-20 9:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Dr. Who, SG1, BSG (old, only the pre-earth stuff), BSG (new), Quantumleap.

I'm with you on Enterprise.

I do remember SeaQuest. It is out on DVD in the UK, but I think I remember it as being better than it was.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-06-20 3:39 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I liked the old BSG, is the new one any good? Also, love(d) Quantum Leap. Yeah, found the SeaQuest DVD's but decided that maybe it's best as a memory. Still open for more suggestions if there's any.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-20 3:55 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I recommend the new BSG, and SGU. I watched the new show Falling Skies last night. I liked it but the time slot is really bad. Sundays at 9:00pm. You should also give Dollhouse a shot...there are a lot more, just read through this thread and the previous sci fi thread.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-06-20 6:42 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Will do Yoldering, thanks for the help guys.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-20 8:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I just finished watching "Falling Skies." I was a little disappointed...seemed more like a modern version of "V." Good guys shooting aliens...really good special effects...but I'm not sure yet as to the story line...that is whether it will be good or not.

I was really disappointed when they ended "The Event." Now that was getting pretty good. Anyways, I'll have to watch a few more FS before making my judgement as to whether it is going to be a hit or a bomb.

Seems like when "Lost" ended...so did really good intrigue on TV...

I loved "Quantum Leap" as a series, and loved the way the tied it all up in the grand finale. Always thought it would be a great show to have a 2 hour movie special...something to finally have it all end rather than have him continue leaping.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-20 9:32 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I loved Quantum Leap and hated the way they ended it. Same thing with Sliders...

Not SciFi at all but the wife and I have been really enjoying the show Prison Break...Free on Netflix.

Oh yeah Rich, the whole part when the kids were playing on the skateboard was strange...I think FS was more like the original V than the new one. A lot like a lot of Alien invasion stories...But that is what I expected.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-06-21 12:46 AM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

Yoldering - 2011-06-21 4:32 PM

Oh yeah Rich, the whole part when the kids were playing on the skateboard was strange...

I think it symbolized how no one had seen happiness in so long, like kids actually playing. It was a relief from the thought of war with the aliens and made everyone else happy, too. It's not hard to imagine how gloomy outlook might seem if you put yourself in their shoes.

Oh, and when I saw the part where he had to decide which book to bring, I thought he should have had an eReader.

Edited by MobilePro Master 2011-06-21 12:47 AM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-21 1:07 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

MobilePro Master - 2011-06-20 6:46 PM

Yoldering - 2011-06-21 4:32 PM

Oh yeah Rich, the whole part when the kids were playing on the skateboard was strange...

I think it symbolized how no one had seen happiness in so long, like kids actually playing. It was a relief from the thought of war with the aliens and made everyone else happy, too. It's not hard to imagine how gloomy outlook might seem if you put yourself in their shoes.

Oh, and when I saw the part where he had to decide which book to bring, I thought he should have had an eReader.

Nice insite MPM! Also...I would have taken both books!!!
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-06-21 4:11 AM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

I would have taken both books, too. Although, he probably had to minimize weight in his pack. You know what's weird: I got to within the last 40 pages of 20,000 Leages Under the Sea, and then just stopped reading it once. And I loved that book, I don't know why I did that. Anyway, I think I'll read it again.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-21 12:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Jules Verne for me too. I thought the skateboard was kind of corny...we've seen the real thing in real life with the kids kicking a soccer ball around while carrying an AK-47 over their shoulders in Africa and the Middle-East.

eBook reader would have been nice, but didn't they say all electronic devices quit working...at least those with solid state chips in them...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-06-21 6:38 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Solidus, I'll mention some of the shows we discussed before. I don't know why some shows I liked ended in two seasons: Dark Angel, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Stargate Universe.

Star Wars The Clone Wars is going into season 4, though I haven't even finished season two.

I never watched Quantum Leap, but does it make you hate Enterprise more?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-21 10:56 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Okay, I decided to finish SGA...Just finished another body switching episode...watching some strange alternate reality Vegas episode now...strange. I am almost done!

Edited by Yoldering 2011-06-21 10:58 PM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-22 1:43 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Okay, it's over, it could have ended better, however, it was okay...why did they have that Vegas episode? I am glad Ronan didn't die.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10