x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next »
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-07-13 3:40 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Can't wait...

(alg_darkknightrises_poster.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments alg_darkknightrises_poster.jpg (29KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
H2OGuru Page Icon Posted 2011-07-14 12:55 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm with you buddy. The Nolan Batman movies are really cool. I know the titles invoke Frank Miller, but they really seem like the Conway/Adams Batman to me. Sorry-- comic book geek here (CB Geek) with apologies to CE Geek, of course.

HG
 Top of the page
H2OGuru Page Icon Posted 2011-07-14 1:01 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

On another note--anyone here watch either of the Being Human shows-either the original BBC version or the SYFI remake.

I watched the US version first and liked it. Then I found the BBC version on demand and really like it too. The stories are similar, but they seem to diverge. I'm hooked on both. But then I am a Forever Knight fan from way back. Secretly hoping that they will bring Nigel Bennett on one or the other for a guest. Or recurring guest role. I find his Lacroix to be the best bad guy ever.

HG
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-07-14 7:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

H2OGuru - 2011-07-13 4:55 PM

Sorry-- comic book geek here (CB Geek) with apologies to CE Geek, of course.

HG

LOL
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-07-14 9:48 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Nah, I never liked Batman Begins or Dark Knight. I think the Tim Burton movies are better, even if Batman Forever was childish at times. I still think their stories worked great. Batman and Robin wasn't produced by Tim Burton and everyone wanted to forget it

On the other hand, the newer Batman movies simply don't make sense. I honestly don't remember much about them.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-07-28 3:55 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Now this is one movie that should have never been remade... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386703/
Money...Money...Money....I am all for a sequel every now and then but why mess with such a great flick???
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-07-28 8:14 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Am I the only person who sees a unicorn in Yoldering's first post on p17?
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-07-28 11:28 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

The ugliest unicorn that ever didn't live...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-07-29 8:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yoldering - 2011-07-28 7:55 AM

Now this is one movie that should have never been remade... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386703/
Money...Money...Money....I am all for a sequel every now and then but why mess with such a great flick???

For those who like a description before clicking on a link (hint: me), that's Total Recall remake.

I agree that was a good movie. But good movies can be remade too, obvious example: King Kong.

By the way, I really wanna see Rise of Planet of the Apes. Anyone?

Also I did watch Transformer 3 about 2 weeks ago. And I already forgot what was in it. That's how forgettable it was. Ah wait, yeah, the movie started with a closeup shot following the girl's buttocks (in underwear) as she walks around the house. And I watched it in 3D too. I remember that much.

C:Amie, that really reminds me of the scene in Batman Forever, where Bruce Wayne saw a rorschach in Chase's office and thought it was drawing of a bat.

Edited by takwu 2011-07-29 8:34 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-07-30 9:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-08-05 10:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I just finished watching the new Planet of the Apes movie....and I'd have to say it was simply outstanding.

I rarely like remakes...but never truly was impressed with the first "Rise of the Apes" movie. And with the remake of "The Planet of the Apes," I liked the movie until the last scene where the astronaut comes back and finds a parallel ape culture and crash lands near the Lincoln Memorial.

But this movie...great story line, great acting, great special effects, great everything...absolutely no complaints. I'd have to give it a 9.9 ut of 10, reserving that last .1 for the ultimate movie.

Go see it...you won't be disappointed...and there was only a single corny cliche line that referenced the original POTA movie in the entire film....
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-08-05 10:31 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

We have a date night scheduled for tomorrow and I am trying to talk my wife into seeing it...but she might want to see the transformers movie. I'll be okay with either but now I will tell her about your review!!!
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-08-05 10:51 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I hope I can see the new movie. But I think when the guy landed on Earth to find the parallel ape culture like you said, it was a setup for a sequel/prequel (in time-travel movies it's confusing) that showed what happened while he was gone and before the first movie.

Edited by MobilePro Master 2011-08-05 10:54 PM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-08-08 5:22 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Well...uh...we were too late to see either of the movies I wanted to see (conveniently) so we saw the movie she wanted to. We won't get into that at the moment!!! Anyway we rented a great movie last night called Sucker Punch. It is a strange movie and if you don't pay close attention you could be lost, however, I recommend anyone to al least check it out. It is a mix between Sci-fi/Fantasy/Crazy/Action and amazing CGI...It has giant Samurai's, fire breathing dragons, steam powered zombies, ect...

That is if you can talk your wives/girlfriends into letting you watch it...
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-08-08 7:10 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Isn't that movie also kind of Steampunk?
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.266 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 11