x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next »
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-11-24 8:09 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I may be one of the few that liked that one then. It really reminds me of the earlier years of The X-Files, and it being filmed in Vancouver as well just biases me.. Though, I've not seen it since 2008, probably deserves a once-over again, like I did in 2009-with Star Trek -the motion picture and this year with Alien 3.. Those two scifi's are pretty misunderstood, in my opinion, particularly Alien 3. I watched the Assembly Cut, and it just made it much better for me when I had first seen it years ago...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2012-08-13 10:06 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I'm excited for that Revolution show that is going to premiere on the USA's NBC network by JJ Abrams.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2012-08-14 1:48 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yeah, I might decide to stay up to watch that one...I hope it won't get canceled after one season like all of the other shows I like.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-08-14 10:24 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

or

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00wtrmm

also

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/An-Adventure-in-Space-and-Time
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-08-30 10:56 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Doctor Who on Saturday and this starting on the 4th of October
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-09-01 8:25 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Oh yes

Very cool
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2012-10-30 8:27 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Has anyone seen that Cloud Atlas film yet? I've been wanting to have a go at that one..
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2012-10-31 12:57 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

No, Haven't seen it yet...
Been watching the show Revolution and am not too impressed. It isn't what I thought it was going to be. Oh yeah, I watched Terra Nova on Netflix and I loved it! Too bad it was cancelled!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-10-31 5:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Rich talking: Yeah! Yoldering echoing: Too bad it was cancelled!

Exactly the way I feel. I however, like Revolution...though I think it is kinda far fetched that the world would go to hell in a handbasket in just 20-30 years without electricity. Even if there were some satellite EMP generating device circling the world, I think that anyone with any electrical knowledge could build something from scratch that could easily be shielded to generate power. I know I could as I've built some pretty complex tube type ham radios from scratch over the years.

I hate it when they cancel TV shows without conclusion. Terra Nova was just one of them. There were others too like Invaders (the new one in Florida), Threshold, Farscape, Jericho, etc...

They should make it a law if they are going to cancel a show, that they have to have a two hour special that at least attempts to conclude the series to some type of ending that makes sense and doesn't leave the loyal fans hanging!

My hat is off to those who successfully complete their run with great closure, like Babylon 5, or ST Voyager, or STDS9, etc...

As far as Cloud Atlas...I'm going to see it next week and take my mama to it. She is a big scifi nut, unlike my wife who is just a nut. And mama loves to pay for the popcorn for her boy...even though she is 81 years old...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-10-31 5:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I support Rich's law: Vote Yes to Rich's law!

ST:U, Sarah Connor...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2012-11-01 12:11 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Chris, who was that girl in red you posted??????
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-11-01 9:15 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The new Dr. Who companion

http://www.youtube.com/results?q=oswin&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=w1

In the captures as Oswin Oswald, when she arrives in the xmas special she will be Clara Oswin I think

It would make slightly more sense if you watch 7x01, but as Moffet hasn't explained her yet...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2012-11-01 5:12 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Ooh la la....she's in contention to take Rose Tyler's spot...maybe...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-11-01 5:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Already happened Yoldering... already happened.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2012-11-01 6:42 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I watched all episodes of Terra Nova when it aired, imagine my disappointment when it died... But like all many sci-fi you shouldn't go too far into bible stories, which looked like where the show was heading when they found a part "from an ark" at the end

I just saw one episode of Revolution, earlier this week. Yea it was a mess. Makes me wanna watch the postman again tho

I am watching season 2 of walking dead, which just came to Netflix Canada (yeah our netflix releases suck compared to US). gross, but still entertaining

Anyone here cares about Disney Lucas Flims, and Star Wars 7??? I can't wait to watch more adventures of Luke, Leia + Han, etc. But hoping it won't go too dark, even tho the sith is apparently defeated, what's gonna happen now?

And who's gonna play those roles? Ford's too old and the others aren't getting younger... New actors will just make "fans" rage, just like anything new with Star Wars.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.312 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8