x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next »
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-12-08 10:03 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If it is Khan then Marla McGivers is the woman
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Marla_McGivers which doesn't fit visually

But Elizabeth Dehner http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Dehner does fit so would suggest that the man is Gary Mitchell http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Gary_Mitchell

a la http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Where_No_Man_Has_Gone_Before

Edit: Japanese version which is slightly longer, I can see why people are saying Khan

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-12-25 6:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Wow! It looks like the new series of Dr. Who could be substantially different from what we have seen if tonighrs xmas special is anything to go by. Unlike last years, this was a good watch and was most enthrawling.

That and Jenna Louise Coleman is pretty soft on the eye

Also, a new Tardis design and they finally fixed the title sequence! woo hoo

Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2013-03-02 1:05 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Been a while since I posted in this thread... I don't have much choice for sci-fi on my TV service So I have only watched sci-fi movies and shows on Netflix (Canada) and in theatre.

Started watching The Walking Dead (if you can call that sci-fi?) on Netflix a while ago. Got into it and watched all I could, which is only seasons 1 and 2... Can't wait to get more on Netflix. Those who watched beyond that please don't spoil it for me

Then I was looking for something else to watch so I watched BBC Survivors - cannot believe the show was cancelled after series 2! It's better than Walking Dead, as far as post-apocalyptic TV shows are concerned

Now that I finished that, just started watching V (2009). What's with me and 2-seasons shows? I just find them so good but so short... *sign* ok maybe next time I will watching something longer running, like Lost or something -_-

In terms of movies, I watched all those super hero movies: spiderman, batman, avengers, etc. Same old same old...

Watched Hobbit The Unexpected Journey, totally expecting it to end abruptly, but still found it too much so

Before that also watched Hansel and Gretel... Surprisingly good, especially considering the bad critics - I don't get it, why can't people just enjoy a simple adventure like this movie nowadays? I sure did
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2013-03-02 2:34 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Tak, you should watch the show Jeremiah... Great show! I am waiting for season three of The Walking Dead too. Loved Survivors too. I am almost done with the first season of Once Upon A Time... good show. Also, I just came across this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1374992/?fb_action_ids=10151313592741519&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210151313592741519%22%3A439834858451%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210151313592741519%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D
Looks like it could be good.

I am also waiting on the new Tom Cruiz movie Oblivion or something.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2013-03-05 1:24 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hmmm so Jeremiah is another post-apocalyptic show... Sounds interesting and thanks for suggesting it, I will wait for it to get on Netflix...

BTW I am still watching Nikita on TV (have it recorded in Windows Media Center when new episodes are on). Not sci-fi, but a good thriller and they keep having new twists to the story. Worth my time

So anyone here watched V? I am getting into it... I like how the plot develops and makes you want to see what happens next. The CG background is a bit annoying though, especially since I am watching it in HD. (I don't have any HD channels, but I get HD on Netflix - what a deal, traditional TV providers are really dying.)
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2013-03-06 9:17 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yeah, Jeremiah used to be on Netflix but I guess it was rotated off again. I'm sure it will be back.
The year is 2021, 15 years after a plague has killed nearly everyone over the age of puberty (both the event and the virus itself are referred to as "The Big Death" and "The Big D". The children who survived are now grown, and find themselves faced with two choices: either continue to scavenge off the diminishing remains of the old world, or begin trying to rebuild.

It is a bit cheesy in places and some of the bad guys over act a bit, however when you are "in the moment" the show works.

I am waiting on the show "Revolution" to return. As much as I have struggled to like it, it has grown on me, and this LONG break has made me want to watch it even more...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2013-03-07 12:21 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hmmm, so on Jeremiah everyone's a virgin? That can mean a lot of things...

Mmm I am not sure about Revolution... I guess I could give it a second chance, if I catch it showing on TV.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-03-07 10:02 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Everyone is a virgin? Hmmm, that would end by the first commercial I'm sure...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2013-03-07 10:22 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

takwu - 2013-03-06 6:21 PM

Hmmm, so on Jeremiah everyone's a virgin? That can mean a lot of things...

Mmm I am not sure about Revolution... I guess I could give it a second chance, if I catch it showing on TV.

Whatever gave you that idea???

Edited by Yoldering 2013-03-07 10:24 PM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2013-03-07 11:32 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Well I mean they were all under the age of puberty... So no one was "experienced" But I guess after 15 years they must have learned everything by themselves; they can watch the videos I suppose
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-03-08 9:51 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Maybe not sci-fi, but I saw Oz, The Great and Powerful today....excellent 3D graphics, great flick. Worth seeing and taking the family to...

My only mistake, when I saw the flying baboons, I said, "Pattie, looks like some of your family members got movie roles...." Popcorn was flying after that....
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-04-16 9:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2013-04-26 6:54 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I don't find it that exciting from the trailer... I might still watch it though
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-04-26 7:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Watching Star Trek movies is like buying encyclopedias, one volume at a time...you just got to get the next one so you can say you have a complete set...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2013-04-26 11:33 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

We went and saw oblivion last weekend and I really enjoyed it! Great effects and good story line.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oblivion_(2013_film)

Edited by Yoldering 2013-04-26 11:36 PM
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.233 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8