x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... Next »
takwu Page Icon Posted 2018-12-19 4:24 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I like dark matter season 1. havent started season 2... sometimes u cant control when a show is cancelled while its not prepared to end. so i wont be bothered by that.

orville was awesome... it had some cheesy moments but overall its another take on star trek, with some originality and not a lot of seriousness. season 2 coming soon.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-12-19 5:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I am currently up to date on The Orville, until it starts again at the end of the month.

I've not decided. As I'm currently going through BSG 2003 and The West Wing concurrently, I won't have to worry about it foe a bit.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2018-12-20 2:19 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

C:Amie - 2018-12-19 4:59 AM

I've just hit series 4 in BSG. They've changed "something". I can't quite put my finger on it, but I've become slightly less engaged with the first 4 of the series.

What should I do next?

Dark Matter
Black Mirror
The Last Ship
The Man in the High Castle
Firefly
Altered Carbon
Mr. Robot
Jessica Jones (series 2)

You need to watch Firefly! (One of my favorites and a True space western!)
Then Altered Carbon (This one just pulls you in)
Then Mr. Robot (not scifi but really good)

Edited by Yoldering 2018-12-20 2:38 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-12-20 9:00 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm up to BSG 406. I nearly completely zoned out on the two I did last night an just had it on the the background. Their intended audience for this first coming of Christ, Christianity triumphing over Panthionic polytheism clearly isn't me.
It was a military sci-fi show 7 episodes back. What happened?

I might do Firefly as everyone raves about it, and it's short. A fully syndicated 7 series'er like The West Wing is a big commitment.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-12-21 11:18 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, so 407 and 408 have picked itself up a bit. They've just destroyed "The Hub" and we've seen it from the perspective of both ships. It still has a very present soap opera drama feel about it in the way the cinematography and approach has changed. This was not there in previous seasons.
I'll see it through to the end, but if it had been like this from series 1. I would have abandoned it.

Am I the only person who thinks that James Callis literally had the cushiest job in Hollywood between 2004 and 2009?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2018-12-22 11:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well, he certainly got to lay around with all those naked girls all the time. I could go for that.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-12-23 10:10 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2018-12-22 11:15 PM

Well, he certainly got to lay around with all those naked girls all the time. I could go for that.
My thoughts precisely...

The series is getting better. Perhaps it was just a weak start? I'm half way now. Just ended Felix's mutiny.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2018-12-23 2:24 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It gets much better except for the Starbuck weirdness…
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-12-24 11:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

OK. I've finished BSG.

There's no guarantee that there were no survivors from the black-hole Cylon bases, especially smaller ships.

Adama going off and "never coming back" is completely out of character, as it Tyril going off to the highlands to die/freeze to death. I get that he'll want to be with Laura, but to abandon his family - literal and acquired - indefinitely seems improbable.

It seems to have never occurred to anyone that if one Cylon couple can breed, chances are that others can. Neither has it seemed to occur that they can also make more human/Cylon hybrids, meaning the girl isn't actually that special (if she is that special then the Cylon's are going to die out and probably go on a murdering spree anyway).

The fleet only ever appeared to have one doctor, one surgeon and a few nurses. It also never occurred to them to train anyone (in anything) over the course of the series, new pilots, doctors etc. So basically the group that Dr. Cottle went with is the one that'll live.

Any degree of common sense would have stopped Baltar in his tracks in ep 102 as soon as he got on Galactica and he had 60,000 blood samples to process. Adama should have treated him as a security risk in the first place. Had him test two military tech's and then force Baltar to train the military tech's to use the Cylon detection procedure. The entire show collapses at that point.

Starbuck... I'm not even going there.

It tugged at the heart strings. But went off the wall in several areas.

Poor ship
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2018-12-25 2:24 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Kinda the way I felt about it...so much potential until the writers started snorting that white powder stuff...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2018-12-30 1:01 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Wow, I don't seem to remember much about BSG.... gonna have to go refresh myself! Another show I didn't think I would like is "The Good Place." Really funny! By the way, you have to start from the beginning of the show!!!

Edited by Yoldering 2018-12-30 1:03 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2019-01-01 11:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Watched a strange scifi movie last night. Called "Lobster"

Very weird… you know the Brits and their weirdness…
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-02 8:14 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2019-01-01 11:27 PM

Watched a strange scifi movie last night. Called "Lobster"

Very weird… you know the Brits and their weirdness…

I do

I've not heard of that one https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3464902/ seems a bit like 'Her' visuallly.
Thankfully they've not come for me yet I can't do it in 45 days. That's way too much pressure

I've finished the BSG extra content (blood and chrome etc) and have started Caprica.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2019-01-03 2:22 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Was upset that they cancelled Caprica before it could be finished. Still good series.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-17 5:14 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm finding Caprica difficult. I'm not being pulled in by it. I've only managed the first 4 episodes so far :/

Uh oh... here we go again...
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.343 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8