x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Looking for a graphics viewer for H/PC MP880

ramoore Page Icon Posted 2005-05-27 10:15 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, can anyone recommend a good all around graphics viewer for viewing gif and bmp images for WinCE 2.11 MIPS MobilePro 880?

Regards,
MrRuss.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-05-27 10:52 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Edited by Yoldering 2005-05-27 11:04 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-27 10:53 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No sense reinventing the wheel. Board search for image viewer
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-05-27 6:25 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

ramoore - 2005-05-27 10:15 AM

graphics viewer for viewing gif and bmp images for WinCE 2.11 MIPS MobilePro 880?

I am a orphan pc enthusiast of sorts, except I buy & use mobiles to serve specific purposes, meaning I do not just buy them because I think they might be cool.

I recently added a NEC 780 to my devices. [I love the keyboard and the light weight!] I have never had trouble figuring out how to install programs to a mobile device but this 780 has me stumped. I get a 'must install on a CE device' or 'not CE compatible' type error messages, when I try to activate MS Windows Plus.exe for the 780 mobilepro., and something happened with ActiveSync (AS) 3.8 that has not happened to me before. I use it for my BE-300 and Jornada 680. Strange things are happening when I use it with the 780. Programs appear on their own!

I like to install programs myself, and I prefer copying programs where I want them and then install them after I disconnect from with the PC. I manage to get anything I want, where I want them on the 780 but it is rare for any of them to install & more rare for any of them to work. Oddly enough, AS suddenly showed four program files it gathered on its own from my PC. I clicked on them to install to my 780, though half of them were for the J680 and two for my Casio BE-300 (a MIPs processor but much different from the 780). One for the Casio worked (a great utility WR-Res) and one for the J680 worked off a CF Card (a general graphics viewer called View)

So far, I have not been able to get a single 780 program to install except for the Windows SP1 file, which appears to have changed the CE 3.0 to CE 3.01.

I have clicked on .exe files on my PC desktop with AS linked with and without "add and remove programs" open. The install program indicates the NEC 780 program will be installed on" C:\Programs\ program name\, so I shut it down.

I'll bet there is a secret special install handshake I don't know about? The NEC manual includes very brief install instructions that are too vague and general. Must I put AS on synchronize to install programs on the 780?

The MS SP1 that installed without a hitch was in CAB form. The "Bonus" software from NEC are all in self-extract .exe form and the menu and startup.exe files do not work. A dialogue box asks if I want to upgrade my dial- up configuration file! I have high speed broadband & link with the serial cable through a USB port adapter.

I hope I am not running into why several people on NEC sites say they quickly sold their used 780 (after a few weeks) and bought a refurbished 790. These users report pure delight with their 790.

--Bruised
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-27 6:40 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Bruised,

Intersting problem, but er.. Graphics Viewer thread
By all means please make a new support thread and hopefully we can help you out.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-27 6:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i hope you didn't forget that the 780 has a mips processor, unlike the 680 (sh3). i can't think of any other reasons now.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-27 6:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

cool posting at the very same minute!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10