x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WPA PSK autentication and Agere HPC2000 driver

rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2009-01-05 5:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I recently bought an agere cf wifi card that works with agere drivers that I have found on the HCL.

My Home network use wpa SPK autentication key and the HPC2000 driver does not work with it, it don't even see the network.

I have tried the card with the Netbook pro that has a built in updated agere driver and it works.

Is there a solution for hpc 2000?

There is another wifi card with wpa psk autentication that works with HPC2000 ARM?

Thank for any help
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-01-05 5:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Sorry - H/PC 2000 doesn't support WPA.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-01-06 1:15 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

rgisondi - 2009-01-05 11:30 PM

I have tried the card with the Netbook pro that has a built in updated agere driver and it works.

very interesting, first agere card i see working with WPA on cenet 4.2
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-01-06 3:59 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah - can we get the specifics on this card?
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-06 4:52 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2009-01-06 6:15 AM

rgisondi - 2009-01-05 11:30 PM

very interesting, first agere card i see working with WPA on cenet 4.2

Always good to see new hardware options

Edited by mr-mac 2009-01-06 4:53 AM
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2009-01-06 5:25 AM
#
You should find it easily on ebay searching for agere cf wireless card, or agere jornada. When I put it in the NB pro appaired a menu with the type of autentication avaliable. I choose wpa psk and it worked (not alwais well I admit). I have also seen the specification of other wifi card like socket andthey support wpa starting from ce.net it is a shame because after redgerar I use more and more my j728
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-01-06 6:10 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Please consider submitting it to the HCL
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-06 6:30 AM
#
H/PC Elder

rgisondi - 2009-01-06 10:25 AM

You should find it easily on ebay searching for agere cf wireless card, or agere jornada. When I put it in the NB pro appaired a menu with the type of autentication avaliable. I choose wpa psk and it worked (not alwais well I admit). I have also seen the specification of other wifi card like socket andthey support wpa starting from ce.net it is a shame because after redgerar I use more and more my j728

I belive the socket card is untested. And is not one of the known chipsets (I asked socket and they told me what the chipset was but I can't remember).

Although socket did not do specific ce .net 4.2 drivers I found two driver packages for CE one marked V4i and one marked V4 so I am thinking the Socket P500 wi-fi card should work on smartbook and other ce 4.2 devices (it is also 802.11g).

I plan to get one of these when I find one cheap enough and will report my results.

Cheers

John
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 11