x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Need Help Installing ACT! For CE 2.0 On MobilePro 900c

steve45 Page Icon Posted 2009-01-06 10:14 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I know a little about PCs, but I'm not a geek by any means. The more I read, the more confused I get.

Anyway, I have used ACT! for WinCE 2.0 (a customer database designed for sales people) on my LG Phenom for years. I'm trying to get it to work on my MobilePro 900c. Obviously, a different processor, but I was under the impression that by using the appropriate aygshell, it wmight be possible.

Anyway, the MP 900c has Cmonex v1.0, and bootloader v 4.10. The software is on a CD, which is designed to be installed on a Win95/98 PC, and then installed on the HPC. It will not self-install on WinXP. I've used Win Explorer to copy the files to my PC, then copy them to the MP 900c via the USB cable. I've created an ACT! folder on the HPC, and tried copying aygshells into the same folder. That's about as far as I get. Where do I go from here?

Many thanks!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-01-06 10:24 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

aygshell.dll is needed to make Pocket PC applications work, because the Pocket PC doesn't use the same interface. It sounds like you're referring to an H/PC version of ACT!, so you wouldn't need it. But you would need an ARM version, and the ARM processor didn't exist on Windows CE 2.0 devices. Neither aygshell.dll nor any other file will change an SH3 program to an ARM program.
 Top of the page
steve45 Page Icon Posted 2009-01-07 10:37 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

CE Geek - 2009-01-06 9:24 PM

Neither aygshell.dll nor any other file will change an SH3 program to an ARM program.

Ooooooohhh! OK. Darn!

They have a new version for Palm devices, but I really don't like the way it works.

Perhaps I'll try to develop an Access database or something that will do what I want.

THANKS!!!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9