x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New Handheld PC owner has a few questions (MP780)

1 2
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-05-31 1:16 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

The NEC 770 and 780 use the same battery. The 770 & 780 battery will work with a NEC 790 but a NEC 790 battery will not work with the 770 or 780.

Why not rebuild your battery? NEC handheld batteries packs are rather flimsy cases that contain a few cells that are easily purchased at small cost. Press your finger along the 780 battery case and you will see & feel how flimsy it is. Visit the main NEC MobilePro site, {at [pocketpcmag.com/forum] go to "Handheld PC Forum and then NEC MobilePro"}. Detailed instructions with photos are provided in a post there.

In a nutshell, you simply cut the NEC battery case with an exacto blade or a utility knife blade, remove the cells (easily done) and either tape the case back together or use a special sealant (or even clear silicon in a tube, from any auto parts department). It is that easy. Just get the details at the site I listed above.

--Bruised
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-05-31 4:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

bruisedquasar - 2005-05-31 6:16 PM

The NEC 770 and 780 use the same battery. The 770 & 780 battery will work with a NEC 790 but a NEC 790 battery will not work with the 770 or 780.

Why not rebuild your battery? NEC handheld batteries packs are rather flimsy cases that contain a few cells that are easily purchased at small cost. Press your finger along the 780 battery case and you will see & feel how flimsy it is. Visit the main NEC MobilePro site, {at [pocketpcmag.com/forum] go to "Handheld PC Forum and then NEC MobilePro"}. Detailed instructions with photos are provided in a post there.

In a nutshell, you simply cut the NEC battery case with an exacto blade or a utility knife blade, remove the cells (easily done) and either tape the case back together or use a special sealant (or even clear silicon in a tube, from any auto parts department). It is that easy. Just get the details at the site I listed above.

--Bruised

The battery is fine at the moment I have to say, but with the use of a NIC (A D-link DME-560CT, forced loaded with NE2000.dll drivers), the battery power diminishes quickly, I am interested in higher capacity batteries for this reason, thats why I thought "Ahh MP790 battery, err, does it work?".
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 1:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Wessex_nut - 2005-05-31 4:46 PM

battery is fine... I am interested in higher capacity batteries for this reason, thats why I thought "Ahh MP790 battery, err, does it work?".

No. NEC designed the extended 790 battery pack so it will not fit the 770 or 780. The standard 700 series 770 & 780 packs will fit and work in a 790 but you can not do the reverse.

--Bruised
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 27