x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Please direct URL link to a cab to run JAR files :)

patrick295767 Page Icon Posted 2009-01-18 9:27 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hello
Please would you have a direct URL link to a cab to run JAR files

thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-01-18 10:05 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If you are trying to extract the jar files: Rename the file extension from .jar to .zip and try opening it with a zip decompression program. But remember, the files in the compressed file are java applications and meant to run under java only.

If you are trying to run a jar executeable: Then you need to have a compatible java runtime...which is pretty unlikely if using a CE device. I've had very poor results running java based apps using Jeode on my 900C. Those that do run, run slowly. Trying the same thing with the old Sun personal java...forget it.

You might not have problems however if you are trying to run them on your smartphone!

Top of the page
patrick295767 Page Icon Posted 2009-01-18 3:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Rich Hawley - 2009-01-18 10:05 AM

If you are trying to extract the jar files: Rename the file extension from .jar to .zip and try opening it with a zip decompression program. But remember, the files in the compressed file are java applications and meant to run under java only.

If you are trying to run a jar executeable: Then you need to have a compatible java runtime...which is pretty unlikely if using a CE device. I've had very poor results running java based apps using Jeode on my 900C. Those that do run, run slowly. Trying the same thing with the old Sun personal java...forget it.

You might not have problems however if you are trying to run them on your smartphone!

Thank you !!
SO I renamed and got the file unpacked.
It 's full of class files. I am trying to run the opera mini.jar taht I found here:
http://freeshells.ch/~wicked74/j720/files/
the chainvm for java soundsz to be installed apparently but I dont know how to run opera
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-01-18 3:46 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Awhile back cmonex mentioned (last post) that TFGBD had a better experience with opera mini when using a Sun JVM. The only one from Sun that I could find for CE 2.x and newer was PersonalJava. Might be worth a shot.

Edited by mscdex 2009-01-18 3:58 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11