x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Trouble with VB files on J720

Desertway Page Icon Posted 2009-01-21 10:37 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have always had a hard time with these files, but now NONE of them work. Hbomb and NCash used to work fine, and then stopped. I downloaded the developer VB files from HPCFactor, and copied the minimal ARM files into the windows folder on my 720. That didn't work.

When I tried to open the vb file I got a "what program do you want to open it with" dialog. I selected "PVBload" from the Windows directory (not really knowing what I was doing). Hbomb opened. I tried it with nCash and it opened. So, I formally associated these two vb programs with pvbload (checking "always use this program to open this kind of file". Now, when I try to open the programs, I get "cannot open Hbomb".

Should vb files be associated with pvbload? Should I drop the "full" developer file for HPC2000 into my windows folder instead of the minimal? And which is the correct set of files? In the WCE300/HPC2000/Full folder there is an ARM and and ARM720 folder.

Thanks!

Ellen
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-01-21 11:34 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

For the last question, the "ARM" folder should be what you're after. I think ARM720 is mainly what the original Pocket PCs that had ARM processors used.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-01-21 11:46 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Use the ARM one rather than the ARM720 one. (The latter refers to a version of the ARM processor, not the Jornada 720.)

Yes, VB files should be associated with pvbload.exe, but I've found that file association utilities don't seem to create the correct registry keys to complete the association. Check for the following registry keys in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT:

1) .vb with the default string value VBCE.ProjectRun
2) VBCE.ProjectRun with the default string value VBCE 2.0 Project File and two subkeys:
a) DefaultIcon with the default string value \Windows\pvbhost2.dll,-2
b) Shell with the subkey Open, which itself has the subkey Command with the default string value \Windows\pvbload.exe %1

The error message you mention ("Cannot open . . . " ) is the result of missing or incomplete registry keys associated with eVB.
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2009-01-22 12:23 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks so much, CE Geek. Two of those string values were wrong. Everything is working perfectly now. Grazie, grazie!

Ellen
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-01-22 12:32 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

My pleasure, dear Ellen.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12