x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

All in 1 Unit - Blue Screening on GPS + No Audio

Chalky_123 Page Icon Posted 2009-01-24 10:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi everyone. For unfortunate reasons this is my first post!!

I have a 7" TFT/MP4/DVD/MP3/CD/SD/USB/IPOD Chinese special which i bought off ebay abouth 12 months ago. It has been working perfect. (I previously had a different cheaper model which bricked itself very early that I havent bothered to look at fixing yet)

The menu screen looks identical to this one http://image.lightinthebox.com/images/File/000newdress/SZC592-SM-1.jpg however I have the 7" model.

Here is a rundown of the symptoms:

- Driving to work everything was working perfect
- During the day I turned my bluetooth on to sync to my laptop. I forgot to turn this off as I returned to my car
- Started the car and as expected the Phone paired with the all in one unit. I dont usually use this function as I have a nokia car kit that charges my phone etc so I paced my phone in that and as expected the phone defauted to the car kit and un-paired itself from the Headunit.
- From that point forward I have had no audio come out of the unit. Even the button "beeps" are not being heard. I am going to check all the wiring tomorrow to see if the Phone interrupt is being grounded somewhere therefore the unit is always thinking Im on a phone call.
- While I was driving with no audio I got a paperclip and reset the unit. I think by doing this I have caused my GPS function to not work. What happens now is when i press the mode button to toggle between functionality when it arrives at the GPS screen all i get is a blue screen like there is no signal. (i.e. the same blue you would expect when you unplug a video RCA in AUX mode)

So essentially I have 2 problems I need to fix. Audio and GPS function.

I cant get to the GPS setup at all so I need some help.

Im fairly savvy with connecting to and snooping around devics so any help or direction would be appreciated.

----

EDIT: The model number is WD7103

Edited by Chalky_123 2009-01-24 11:03 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 9