x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Bricked GPS device

hakkis Page Icon Posted 2009-01-25 1:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The seller put it's own brand on the device, but I think that it is most likely this one:
http://www.malata.com/en/product_detail.aspx?classid=513&row=&id=260

The device stops loading on the start screen. I am not quite sure what I did, but I guess I accidently did something bad to the registry.

My friend has the same device. I wonder if it is possible to dump the nand (64MB) from my friend's device and put it in mine? Or is there something else that could be done to unbrick this?

The operating system is Windows CE 5.0

Thanks for reading

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-01-25 2:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, first, can you check if you can clear the registry with some button combination or from bootloader or anything.

are you able to enter bootloader menu anyway?
 Top of the page
hakkis Page Icon Posted 2009-01-25 2:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

No. It just stops at the loading screen. ActiveSync doesn't recognize it either. There are only two buttons on the device: on/off and sleep.

Edited by hakkis 2009-01-25 2:08 PM
 Top of the page
razzle Page Icon Posted 2009-08-01 2:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Don't mean to drag up the past, but I just bricked a Win CE 5.0 sat nav! It was all working fine with miopocket until I decided to install some thing and it messed it all up. Doesn't even show up that a device has been connected now

I had everything backed up (complete Reg, Flash Contents), and in the last few hours of despair I found a great freeware remote registry program CeRegEdit.
Restored the old registry from my exports, but made the mistake of not deleting all of the other miopocket keys.

Still haven't given up, and was able to get into what I believe to be the devices bootloader menu but have searched everywhere and don't know what else I can do ther (am playing around with Platform Builder but not getting very far), keep getting "Update XIP.bin / Eboot.bin / Nboot.bin / H3IPL.bin + Can't open chain.lst / file" after a selection of a bootloader item.

I had one gr8 day with my unlocked gps, the pictures below will show its good times and then the bootloader screen pic which is that small glimmer of hope to full recovery.

If anyone reads and knows a fix please post, would be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by razzle 2009-08-01 2:35 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10