x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Power Adapter Question

rumen_s Page Icon Posted 2009-02-06 4:38 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I have power adapter from Mobilon which is 5V, 2A recharging NiMH battery pack.

I do have PocketPC adapter as well which is also 5V, 2? but charges Li-Ion battery pack.

Are those 2 adapters equal? As far as I know NiMH and Li-Ion batteries have different recharge cycles but question is if adapter has any control on this or it is only unit controlled?

My idea is to use one adapter at home and one at work

Thanks and regards
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-02-06 5:14 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Rumen_s,

So long as the V and A values are the same (OK, the A value is a different issues, but for simplicity lets just say that they should both match) then it doesn't matter. THe power pack converts AC > DC which flows into the power circuit which is distributed to the battery control circuit. The Battery control circuit sorts out any logic for controlling NiMh / Li / NiCad charge rates.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-02-06 8:25 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

C:Amie is of course correct. However, for anyone else reading this post, you would also want to insure that both adapters supply DC output current and are not AC output current adapters, and of course you would want to insure that the polarity is the same on both adapters as well, i.e. the center tip is positive. But pocketpcs and hpcs have all pretty much standardized their configurations....
 Top of the page
rumen_s Page Icon Posted 2009-02-06 1:53 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Thanks, it is clear now
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-02-06 2:59 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Rich is spot on, but point of clarification Rich: How many AC powered PDA's do you know?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-06 3:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I was about to ask that.

I have four different 5-volt adapters, which I use freely with all of my 5-volt CE devices. It's best if the amperage rating of the adapter is equal to or greater than that of the device, since the device only draws the amperage level it needs from the power supply.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-02-07 9:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

How many ac powered pdas? Well there is the...hmmm, or the....hmmm, and finally the....hmmm. None I guess.

However, how many people have searched for a replacement or extra power adapter on eBay and didn't double check the output only to find they bought the wrong one.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9