x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 728 Help...

anagranimal Page Icon Posted 2009-02-06 3:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hey, I just got my Jornada 728 in today; refurbished for $90 from amazon.

I got it because I'm a writer and I wanted something I could carry like a pen and paper but that I could more easily organize and because I have trouble reading my own hand writing- especially when I'm drunk. I really only got it for microsoft word and minimal internet access. I'm not a big gamer but I'd love to find a version of tetris for it haha. Anyway, I just have a few questions I was hoping you could help me with:

Whats the best form of expanding on board memory, CF, SD, PCMCIA, etc and where's the best place to find it?

What is the best way to transfer on the fly, i.e., If I need to print something that I have saved on it and I'm not at home to do it?

Is there anyway to use anything in the form of flash or thumb drives or say like an external hard drive like WD passport?

If you could help me answer these or maybe even give me other hints and tips, that would be amazingly helpful...

Thanks,

Anagranimal
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2009-02-06 5:31 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I use compact flash for storage.. I don't think you can use a USB flash drive with the Jornada.
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2009-02-13 7:15 PM
#
H/PC Elite

anagranimal - 2009-02-06 12:53 PM

Hey, I just got my Jornada 728 in today; refurbished for $90 from amazon.

I got it because I'm a writer and I wanted something I could carry like a pen and paper but that I could more easily organize and because I have trouble reading my own hand writing- especially when I'm drunk. I really only got it for microsoft word and minimal internet access. I'm not a big gamer but I'd love to find a version of tetris for it haha. Anyway, I just have a few questions I was hoping you could help me with:

Whats the best form of expanding on board memory, CF, SD, PCMCIA, etc and where's the best place to find it?

What is the best way to transfer on the fly, i.e., If I need to print something that I have saved on it and I'm not at home to do it?

Is there anyway to use anything in the form of flash or thumb drives or say like an external hard drive like WD passport?

If you could help me answer these or maybe even give me other hints and tips, that would be amazingly helpful...

Thanks,

Anagranimal

-expanding memory is done using CF cards. No "onboard" memory upgrade for the 64mb is available. I have successfully used the 16gb CF Sandisk brand, but other brands of that size and larger may be suspect (see other threads)
-best way to transfer files would be using a CF/USB card reader or CF/PCMCIA adapter on your host computer. Can use ActiveSync for some files that need "conversion", but for larger movie, etc., files take too long, so I use the USB & PCMCIA adapters.

Edited by Hal 2009-02-13 7:16 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10