x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

migrate or switch to Linux

1 2
Jake Page Icon Posted 2009-03-26 4:03 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Actually, I don't think it works that way. When you load the Jlime files into the ext2 partition, you have to do that through Linux. Windows can't see this kind of partition.

Jake
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-26 4:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Told ya I'm less than a novice to Linux.

Whatever happened to the ActiveSync installer that was in the works?
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2009-03-26 8:35 PM
#
H/PC Elite

It was too slow. The jornadas weren't fast enough to run a loopback filesystem (running an ext2 linux .img on a fat partition). As far as i know it was abandoned. Booting a live cd and partitioning a cf is quite simple. Just follow the tutorials.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2009-03-26 8:47 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
RTFM! Glad to see you here. Just a note of thanks for your very cool distros for the J-720. Sorry I missed the handheld Linux party before, but I was only Windows and CE. Just for this past week, I've been playing with your icewm and gpe setups, and I'm amazed at what you get them to do. I couldn't get samba to work (it may not be in the kernel), but no matter, with your ftp, I'm able to swap Word files with my laptop's ftp server/directory. The browsers work great, your boot-up tips speed the loading, and it's astonishing how much software is already on the cf card. Since sylpheed seems to load its settings off-screen on the J, I had to follow screen shots on the web, but now I even get/send my dreaded AOL mail.

Thanks again for your hard work,
Jake
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 53 - Executed queries : 17