x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Drivers for Anycom BT PC Card CC3011

1 2
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-02-16 4:03 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi all,

Kindly ask you to advise where can I find drivers for the Anycom Bluetooth PC Card CC3011 that work with Jornada 720. Information from this manufacturer seems to be scarce these days.

I managed to find the archived web-site of Anycom, I downloaded both PPC drivers available <PPC3_2_22.exe> and <PPC2002_2_22.exe>, but none is working, I get the message that both are corrupt files. I found also another driver for the CF BT card <anycom-bluetooth-cf-pc-pocketpc-v2-24.exe> and tried to install it with the hope of compatibility with Jornada OS and my PCMCIA BT card. Unfortunatelly this is not compatible with Jornada 720 OS.

So, who can send me a working driver, please?

Thank you!
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-02-17 1:10 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi again everybody,

A search on this Forum showed that in a post of 03.11.2006 CMonex wrote about a Anycom PCMCIA in the context of listing available accessories for the Handheld PC2000 ("What accessories do you have".

CMonex, if this was no too long ago, what was the type of your Anycom PCMCIA working with Handheld PC2000, please? What drivers did you use? I would appreciate any information helping to solve my case.

Thank you!
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-02-18 5:10 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi again everybody!

I got finally an answer from the Tech support of Anycom saying that I should use the <anycom-bluetooth-cf-pc-pocketpc-v2-24.exe> driver for their pcmcia card CC3011 with PPC2000. (Same driver as for the CF 300 card). Great, but that's for the PPC2000, while Jornada 720 runs on HPC2000 and indeed the driver as it is does not install on Jornada 720.
Can somebody help me please any further in adapting this driver for HPC2000? I would really appreciate it! Any hint is useful!

Thanks a lot!

Arlex
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-18 6:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

If the driver is available in CAB form, you can just copy that onlto the 720 and execute it there. If there's only a desktop installer, run that on the PC and look for the CAB files in \Program Files on the PC. The Pocket PC CAB file will install (though you may get a message along the way saying that it may not be compatible - just continue installation). Download Executability Check from cmonex' site to check the driver file on the 720 to find out what it needs:

http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm

Some drivers need mfcce300.dll; if this is one of those, you'll need the Pocket PC version of that (plus doclist.dll and aygshell.dll) to get it running. (cmonex also has those DLLs on her site.)
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-02-19 12:45 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank you CE Geek!

CE Geek - 2009-02-18 6:36 PM

If the driver is available in CAB form, you can just copy that onlto the 720 and execute it there. If there's only a desktop installer, run that on the PC and look for the CAB files in \Program Files on the PC.
The Pocket PC CAB file will install (though you may get a message along the way saying that it may not be compatible - just continue installation).

Have tried that, running OK on the PC, generating the cab file, but the cab file did not install any further. I did not get any message at all and I did not see any new added info in the Add/Remove Programs window.
Further looked inside the cab file folder, selected and copied the file <acbtcard_PPC.STRONGARM.cab> to the CF memory card and ran it from there. This time nearly successfully written info to the Remove Programs window, but the progress bar and the HPC got frozen at the very end of the process with Active synk IR link disconnected. After soft rest, even several times, still ending with a white screen, with Start button and Task bar visible but not active. Even not possible to suspend the Jornada, except in a certain step of the start-up process. Inserting or removing the BT pcmcia card did not help.
Kindly advise on what to do next. A hard reset? Not happy, will do, but after that? Is it anything I can do to the cab file before running it? Awaiting your expert comments.
Thanks a lot,
Arlex

Edited by arlex 2009-02-19 1:04 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-19 3:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

If the 720 isn't resuming properly after soft resets, then unfortunately there's no choice except a hard reset.

I can't say what caused the freeze-up near the end of installation. Maybe I could get some clues if I could have a look at the CAB file itself. Can you provide a download link, by any chance?
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-02-19 6:53 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2009-02-19 3:57 AM

If the 720 isn't resuming properly after soft resets, then unfortunately there's no choice except a hard reset.

I can't say what caused the freeze-up near the end of installation. Maybe I could get some clues if I could have a look at the CAB file itself. Can you provide a download link, by any chance?

CE Geek,

Please follow the link below (although it refers to a CF-300 card I've been instructed by the Anycom tech support to do so):

http://www.anycom.com/products/bluetooth_it_pc_accessoires/cf_300_compact_flash_card/?id=102&partno=CC3044&tab=support&tab=support

and download the driver <anycom-bluetooth-cf-pc-pocketpc-v2-24.exe>, which will generate the executable for the PC to install the driver on the PPC through Active sync. I've chosen the basic cab version for the Strongarm processor, as mentioned earlier.

Looking forward for your findings.

Many thanks,

Arlex.
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-02-19 2:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2009-02-19 3:57 AM

CE Geek, here you have some additional info ifthis helps you in identifying the problem:

Hard reset done OK. Trying to run again the cab file from the CF memory card I got the message"Setup failed - The file acbtcard_PPC.........cab is not a valid Windows CE Setup file". Obviuosly something bad happened to the cab file as well, not only to the Jornada. After recopy of the original cab file from the pc to the cf card, installation running ok as last time and got frozen at the end of the process - Writing information for "Remove Programs"......Same white screen after the soft reset.

Thank you.
Arlex
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-20 4:35 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I tried the CAB file for Pocket PC 2000 StrongARM, and the dialog "Writing information for 'Remove Programs'" stayed there for a long time, but it wasn't a freezeup - the screen still responded to taps, and everything else worked normally. After a couple of minutes, a second dialog box appeared saying that I needed to soft reset the "Pocket PC" in order to complete installation, and that tapping OK would initiate a soft reset. I tapped OK, and the soft reset completed fine.

All the Bluetooth apps installed complain about missing files, though (no surprise). Just as I suspected, they all need the Pocket PC version of mfcce300.dll. Unfortunately, this complicates matters quite a bit since the H/PC 2000 version of mfcce300.dll is in ROM on the 720 and can't be overwritten, so the driver won't work on the 720 unless the files are hexedited, which the Anycom folks might object to. (RedGear should solve the problem, though.)
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-02-20 5:47 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2009-02-20 4:35 AM

I tried the CAB file for Pocket PC 2000 StrongARM, and the dialog "Writing information for 'Remove Programs'" stayed there for a long time, but it wasn't a freezeup - the screen still responded to taps, and everything else worked normally. After a couple of minutes, a second dialog box appeared saying that I needed to soft reset the "Pocket PC" in order to complete installation, and that tapping OK would initiate a soft reset. I tapped OK, and the soft reset completed fine.

All the Bluetooth apps installed complain about missing files, though (no surprise). Just as I suspected, they all need the Pocket PC version of mfcce300.dll. Unfortunately, this complicates matters quite a bit since the H/PC 2000 version of mfcce300.dll is in ROM on the 720 and can't be overwritten, so the driver won't work on the 720 unless the files are hexedited, which the Anycom folks might object to. (RedGear should solve the problem, though.)

CE Geek, thank you very much for your efforts and spent time for me, I really appreciate this.
Following you message I tried to reinstall the cab file, but there are now 50 minutes since the screen is showing that message "Writing information for 'Remove Programs'" and the Jorana is frozen (it doesn't respond to taps or to any key). FYI I ran the cab file from the CF file, also choosing no other languages but the simple option (English and German). It looks like I have to go again for a hard-reset.

I wasn't aware of the RedGear, I did not visit this forum for about 2 years. I wish RedGear existed a few years ago before selling my J728. Marvelous piece of software, isn't it?

Coming back to the BT PC card, I have the possibility to get another card, this time a Belkin made, F8T006 (=CF F8T020+plus adapter). The specs are saying PocketPC, PocketPC 2002 or PocketPC 2003 compatible.
Would this be a better choice for succeeding on J720?

All the best
Arlex
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-20 8:55 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I think something else must be going on with the installer you downloaded. Maybe it's corrupt somehow.

The Socket BL4508-309 CF Bluetooth card is very good, and the drivers are downloadable here on this site. (This card even works nicely with my H/PC Pro devices. Of course, you'll need a CF adapter for your 720's PCMCIA slot.)

BTW, RedGear will work with the 720 as well. (I'm doing most of my testing of it on the 720 I have.)
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 5:58 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2009-02-20 8:55 PM
The Socket BL4508-309 CF Bluetooth card is very good, and the drivers are downloadable here on this site.

Thanks again for your recommendations. Unfortunatelly the only BT alternative that I have at hand now is that Belkin CF with adapter, if you think it might work, then I will get it next week, if not sold already.

But I will also continue to look for the Socket BL4508-309 CF if showing up on the local market auction sites.

What happened to cmonex, she used to be very active a few years ago? Is she on holiday?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-22 12:05 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A few distractions, no doubt - she's got a new boyfriend. (And all we guys here are jealous of him.)

The Belkin card isn't on the Hardware Compatibility List here, so consider it untested. All we can say is, please submit your results to the HCL.
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-02-22 5:11 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2009-02-22 12:05 AM

A few distractions, no doubt - she's got a new boyfriend. (And all we guys here are jealous of him.)

The Belkin card isn't on the Hardware Compatibility List here, so consider it untested. All we can say is, please submit your results to the HCL.

I know that the Belkin F8T020 is not on the HCL, this is where I checked in the first place.

My Belkin card F8T020 BT is version 2, with the rectangle shape, I remember cmonex mentioned in a thread that this is important, one of the two models (rounded- v1 or rectangular - v2) can be turned working on J720, but she did not specify which one is the lucky choice.

I ran an install today starting first via ActiveSync 4.5, but unsuccessfully. First the display showed "Fatal application error - application InstallRegistry.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" (Exception 0xc0000005 address 00d9f2ac), then an Information on the PC screen from the BT Manager "Unable to set device name", then "Fatal application error - application waitcurs.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" (Exception 0xc0000005 address 00d9f2ac).

Later on I started from the cab file copied to the CF card. The first message was "Unsupported device type", said Yes and then the installation ran well to the end, appearantly. I got the message during installation "Setup complete. Successfully installed the Belkin Bluetooth Manager". On the other hand tapping the BT Manager icon I receive "Cannot find the BT Manager (or one of its componenets)". Fact is that it doesn't work.

I forgot to perform a hard reset between the two installtions....:-(((

Any further ideas.....
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-22 7:01 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds like mfcce300.dll again. I assume both cards use the Microsoft (Drakar) stack.

Try this: use the Socket Bluetooth driver from the HCL. It's also based on the Microsoft stack, and it includes an H/PC 2000 ARM CAB. You'll end up with the Socket Bluetooth applet on the 720, but it may work with these cards anyway. (No harm in trying.) Be sure to uninstall the driver you've already installed first.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.209 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8