x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Drivers for Anycom BT PC Card CC3011

1 2
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-02-22 11:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2009-02-22 7:01 PM

Sounds like mfcce300.dll again. I assume both cards use the Microsoft (Drakar) stack.

Try this: use the Socket Bluetooth driver from the HCL. It's also based on the Microsoft stack, and it includes an H/PC 2000 ARM CAB. You'll end up with the Socket Bluetooth applet on the 720, but it may work with these cards anyway. (No harm in trying.) Be sure to uninstall the driver you've already installed first.

Thanks again CE Geek.
Great idea, I'll give it a try these days and report the results in here. If positive you may want to make a separate thread for the BT Belkin Combo PC Card F8T006 including the F8T020 CF card for thread visibility reasons.
Maybe I'll get lucky and cmonex pops-in with her experienced advice.
Wish you a great week.
Arlex

P.S. I notice that there are 2 Socket Bluetooth CF cards working with HPC2000: BL4508-309 and BL4513-367. I'll take the driver for the first model as looking compatible also with Win CE.NET 4.20 so I expect a wider flexibility.
Correction: the drivers for CE3.0 and CE.net 4.20 are different, both cards use the same CE3.0 driver 1.20G.

Edited by arlex 2009-02-22 11:58 PM
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-02-23 3:59 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek,

I tried to run tonight this CE3.0 BT driver 1.20G software from Socket <BTCEeng120G.exe> and it did not work on my computer, it looks corrupt to me.

I downloaded the file twice, from both locations BL4508-309 and BL4513-367 Bluetooth CF Connection Kit selecting in each case CE3.0.
First of all running the unzip for the exe file I got the message "Error 5 running command setup.exe", nevertheless the zipped archive was decompressed to a folder in the Program files. Executing the new generated file "Setup.exe", I received either the message "Error executing program" or "Cannot find file c:\.........Setup.exe (or one of its component)". I tried also to rename the two exe files with arj or zip and to decompress them manually, but the result was the same.
In conclusion I did not manage to install the driver via the ActiveSync or generate the cab file for direct installation. Definitelly it is something wrong with the driver, my computer is OK though.

Since this is a download from the HPC Factor site, please arrange also a check on your end.

Thanks

Edited by arlex 2009-02-23 4:04 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-23 4:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've already downloaded and installed this driver before without a problem. I'm not convinced there isn't a problem with the download manager in the Web browser on your PC - but of course it's impossible for me to diagnose that.
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-02-23 11:21 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2009-02-23 4:35 PM

I've already downloaded and installed this driver before without a problem. I'm not convinced there isn't a problem with the download manager in the Web browser on your PC - but of course it's impossible for me to diagnose that.

You mean you did it recently these days?
I'm not denying it, anything is possible, I just wonder how can I detect that. I'll try again with Firefox, but with another computer as well. I will keep you informed.
Thanks.

P.S. I see now that the link is broken to that CE3.0 Socket BT driver for both models. Any check running on your side?

Edited by arlex 2009-02-23 11:28 PM
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-02-24 3:38 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2009-02-23 4:35 PM

I did it also successfully on another computer. On my computer it is not the download manager, the error occurs during the run of the installation program. Could this be due to the fact that I have already a BT Widcomm driver on my PC?

I managed to find a Socket driver cab file on the net, moved it to Jornada and installed OK. Unfortunatelly none of the two BT cards (Anycom or Belkin) is recognized. Too bad, I have to keep on looking for the suitable drivers.

Edited by arlex 2009-02-24 3:39 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-24 8:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I guess it's not the right version of the Microsoft driver for those cards. Dunno about the download issue, but if the installer includes a driver for desktop Windows, I suppose it could cause a conflict. (Just speculating there, though.)
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.219 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11