x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Airport wifi 4.2 cenet

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 7:00 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok, I need a road warrior to answer this. I'm going to be on an overnight layover.

YYZ, Toronto, has open wifi and I've never gotten a 720 to work with it. Some redirector takes over and maybe it's the version of IE or the slowness of the Jornada. I don't know.

In any case, has anyone gotten airport (YYZ hopefully) wifi to work with a MP900 and 4.2?

Thanks
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 7:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I have never had any problem using my 900C at an airport with an open wifi hotspot. I have had problems with it in the Memphis airport, where they want to charge you to make a connection. It sometimes seemed to just freeze on me.

Also, it will be worthwhile for you to copy the latest useable version of Opera to your Mobilerp before you go just in case the IE doesn't work. Many times Opera worked for me when nothing else would.

Normally those airport wifi servers are filled with advertisements and popups. It doesn't take to long for you to develop a death wish for your Mobilepro.

I do little surfing with the thing, and mainly just use it to check email when on the road...
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Rich.

I nearly killed my poor 720 a few times but realized I was beyond its limits.

That's all I need to do, check email while I'm there.

Perchance, a link to the Opera download?

Thanks
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 11:26 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Nm. Got off my duff and loaded it. Thanks Cmonex.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8