x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Drivers for Belkin Bluetooth PC card

1 2
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-01 5:33 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi everybody,

I recently bought a Belkin Bluetooth PC card (pcmcia) F8T006, which is a combo card consisting of the BT CF card F8T020 plus the CF to pcmcia adapter. My Belkin card F8T020 BT is version 2, with the rectangle shape (version 1 was of rounded shape, it seems to matter for the driver generation).
The specs are saying PocketPC, PocketPC 2002 or PocketPC 2003 compatible and I did not find this Belkin F8T020 card on the HCL compatibility list.

I did not manage to make this Belkin Bluetooth PC card F8T006 work with my Jornada 720 with any of the drivers that I downloaded from the manufacturer.

Did anybody face the same problem before and has come to a satisfactory solution on these drivers?
Any feed-back would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Arlex

Edited by arlex 2009-03-01 5:33 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-01 10:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

IIRC, the Widcomm driver requires mfcce300.dll, and since this is a Pocket PC driver, it would thus require the Pocket PC version of mfcce300.dll (and with it aygshell.dll and doclist.dll). cmonex has these DLLs on her site:

http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm
 Top of the page
joppe Page Icon Posted 2009-03-07 5:38 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Did you succeed in using the Belkin card ? I'm searching for a solution to use a GPS on a Netbook Pro with wince.net 4.2 OS. So this might work for me to.

joppe@discobel.be
Kind Regards,
Joppe
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-07 6:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2009-03-02 4:30 AM

IIRC, the Widcomm driver requires mfcce300.dll, and since this is a Pocket PC driver, it would thus require the Pocket PC version of mfcce300.dll (and with it aygshell.dll and doclist.dll). cmonex has these DLLs on her site:

1) i have a ready to go widcomm package on that page for jornada 720.
2) please do not ever suggest to anyone to just use the ppc version of mfc with a driver (that is likely going to be loaded in memory all the time thus blocking hpc mfc apps). so this needs hexediting but luckily that's already done&solved in the package I referred to in 1)
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-08 1:58 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

joppe - 2009-03-07 5:38 AM

Did you succeed in using the Belkin card ? I'm searching for a solution to use a GPS on a Netbook Pro with wince.net 4.2 OS. So this might work for me to.

joppe@discobel.be
Kind Regards,
Joppe

No, I did not yet. I downloaded cmonex Widcomm package some days ago, but did not find the time to test it. You may want to try the same, observe the Readme file. I will send a feed-back as soons as I will get some result.
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-08 2:02 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2009-03-07 6:47 PM

2) please do not ever suggest to anyone to just use the ppc version of mfc with a driver (that is likely going to be loaded in memory all the time thus blocking hpc mfc apps). so this needs hexediting but luckily that's already done&solved in the package I referred to in 1)

Nice to see you're back, cmonex!
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-08 1:54 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2009-03-07 6:47 PM

Tonight I have tried to install the Widcomm package from cmonex' site. As per the readme file, have copied the dll files directly into the Windows directory of the Jornada, then run the cab file from the CF card. Got the message that this application is not suitable for this computer, but ignored it. Instalation went all right, with soft reset. BT icon appeared in the QuickLaunch bar, after tapping it, I got a small window in the top R/H corner with 2 lines: "BT Manager" and "BT settings".

Tapping the "BT Manager" I got the message "The BT Radio failed to turn on due to insuficcient driver memory available. You must perform a normal reset before you can turn ON the BT Radio". I performed severat soft resets. This message comes on disregard the BT card is inserted or not. The BT Manager icon does not appear in the control panel, as it should.
No message goes on at the insertion of the Belkin PCMCIA card, it is just not recognized. The interesting part is that inserting another BT card from Anycom, for which I'm alos looking for the drivers, brings the message on the screen "Unidentified PCCard Adapter - Enter the name of the driver for this PCCard"

Tapping on "BT settings" didnn't bring anything on the screen, due to not recognized BT Belkin card.

Any idea on how to proceed further will be highly appreciated.
Thank you!

Edited by arlex 2009-03-08 2:09 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-08 6:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

arlex, i strongly recommend you read the included readme more carefully as it tells you not to use bt manager.

i used CF version of belkin card with widcomm, that worked pretty well, for mobile phone internet. but it is possible the PC card version is not widcomm stack compatible? also you can try giving as much program ram as you can, 25MB is good

btw anycom has a ppc2002 driver that works well, only needs aygshell. let me know if you can't find this driver

Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-09 3:08 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2009-03-08 6:52 PM
arlex, i strongly recommend you read the included readme more carefully as it tells you not to use bt manager.

Cmonex, first of all THANK YOU for your kind support!

Secondly, I'm a bit confused, I thought I followed exactly the instructions in the readme file of the widcomm driver downloaded from http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/widcomm.zip:
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. copy dll files into /Windows folder
2. install cab
3. soft reset when it asks you to do so.
HACKING GPRS
you would need btmanager to create a gprs connection with the phone but this part of the driver config app doesn't work on a j720.
workaround:
1. select either tre.reg or resco.reg (depending on the regeditor you have: TRE (tascal) or resco explorer). do not import it yet (except if it is easier for you to work with it).
2. pair your phone with the hpc.
3. note these three key values in the selected .reg file
BDName
BDDevClass
BDAddress
4. then go here in the registry: a.s.o........

I recon the BT Manager should be running after performing the first 3 steps of Phase1; Phase 2 is optional if someone is interested in using the GPRS modem of the phone. Anyway, you cannot pair the phone with the hpc unless the BT Manager is working good.

i used CF version of belkin card with widcomm, that worked pretty well, for mobile phone internet. but it is possible the PC card version is not widcomm stack compatible?

A while ago I read all the related topics on BT and Belkin on this forum and on other forums too, you mentioned ealier that there are 2 versions of the Bekin CF BT card, one with rounded shape, version 1 and another one with square shape, version 2. Mine is v2. I have no idea which is compatible with the widcomm stack. How can I find this out? How does your Belkin CF card F8T020 look like, the one that works fine with J720, please?

also you can try giving as much program ram as you can, 25MB is good

Tried it, didn't work in my case....:-(((

btw anycom has a ppc2002 driver that works well, only needs aygshell. let me know if you can't find this driver

I guess I have the right anycom ppc2002 driver, but which aygshell to use of your collection, is it no.4 or no.13?

Your further expert advice would be highly appreciated. Thank you once again!
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-09 4:17 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Sorry, I was late in editting the previous post. Here is some additional info on the Anycom thing:

The TechSupport of Anycom advised me to use the <anycom-bluetooth-cf-pc-pocketpc-v2-24.exe> driver for my pcmcia card CC3011 with PPC2000. (Same driver as for the CF 300 card).
Is this the same that you've got?

I was not successful with the installation of the extracted cab file <acbtcard_PPC.STRONGARM.cab>, the hpc got frozen in during the phase of writing info to the Remove Programs window and after soft-reset I ended with a white screen, with Start button and Task bar visible, but not active.

If your driver is different, I would be greatfull if you could send it to me.

Which aygshell to use of your collection of 18, is it no.4 or no.13?

Thanks again!

P.S. CE Geek, if my post is unacceptable off-topic, kindly ask you to move it the "Drivers for Anycom BT PC Card CC3011" thread, I'm sure that cmonex will find it. Thank you.

Edited by arlex 2009-03-09 4:58 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-09 5:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex is recommending trying the Pocket PC 2002 version. Might be worth a try since you had no luck with the Pocket PC 2000 version.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-09 9:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm, loooks like anycom is actually an mfc dependent driver...my memory must be going bad! I was so sure it only needed aygshell

anyway here we go: http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/anycom_hpc2000.zip

the hpc2000 cab I have no idea what it is for, I just found it in my "anycom" driver folder. the ppc2002 cab with the dlls should get your anycom card running. let me know.

I do not own the belkin card, only configured it for someone else and cannot recall what it looked like, but somewhere on the board a couple of years ago I mentioned which one is widcomm compatible, I think (for example you can search for posts with "belkin" word that were posted by me and don't collapse results). if not, google can still tell you as I got the info from some pocketpc forum myself.

Edited by cmonex 2009-03-09 9:20 PM
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-10 4:21 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2009-03-09 9:20 PM
anyway here we go: http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/anycom_hpc2000.zip

the hpc2000 cab I have no idea what it is for, I just found it in my "anycom" driver folder. the ppc2002 cab with the dlls should get your anycom card running. let me know.

Yeeeeesssss, it's running. THANK YOU! Managed to pair the J720 it with my Nokia phone, also managed to send a file over BT. BUT there is still something wrong with the vertical size of the BT Wizzard windows, the driver is probably written for 4:3 screens, which is not the case of J720. I can see only what I guess to be the upper half of any window, therefore cannot see and use the buttons in the lower half. E.g. I cannot leave the BT Wizard but by soft-reset...:-(((
Any further advice from your side?

cmonex - 2009-03-09 9:20 PM
I do not own the belkin card, only configured it for someone else and cannot recall what it looked like, but somewhere on the board a couple of years ago I mentioned which one is widcomm compatible, I think (for example you can search for posts with "belkin" word that were posted by me and don't collapse results). if not, google can still tell you as I got the info from some pocketpc forum myself.

Thanks, too bad, I imagined you have one.....:-(((
I checked many forums and websites for this Belkin card, I wrote to a few persons incl. Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen on the pocketpcmag forum, but no luck so far.
Werner Ruotsalainen is bringing a bit of light in his article "Remarks on the Belkin F8T020 Bluetooth CF card" at http://www.smartphonemag.com/cms/blogs/3/remarks_on_the_belkin_f8t020_bluetooth_c and also Lisa Gade in her's "Bluetooth Networking for your Palm, Pocket PC and Computer" in the MobileTechReview. But that's not enough. I'll keep on digging.

Edited by arlex 2009-03-10 4:22 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-10 7:51 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You can use WinWatch to make the application's window movable so that you can see the lower part of it. WinWatch can be downloaded at http://www.damnsoft.org/ .
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-11 4:11 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2009-03-10 7:51 PM

You can use WinWatch to make the application's window movable so that you can see the lower part of it. WinWatch can be downloaded at http://www.damnsoft.org/ .

Thanks for the hint CE Geek. I used to use that program a few years ago, I was wondering about the name.
Now I can see and handle all the BT Manager buttons. I managed to complete the GPRS connection and test it with the IE, it works fine. This leaves me to sort out the Belkin BT combo card.....

Yet a few questions for further optimization: after installing the Anycom card driver I ended with 3 different mfccexxx.dll files in the Windows folder: mfcce211.dll, mfcce300.dll and mfcce301.dll. Can they co-exist peafully in the same folder while using different PC cards, e.g. Nokia 211 for wifi and GPRS and Anycom for BT connections? If moving mfcce301.dll into the driver folder Anycom (under Programs) should aygshell and doclist go all 3 together?

Thank you for the whole support.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.252 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 13