x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Netbook Pro WinCE.net 4.2

1 2 3
joppe Page Icon Posted 2009-03-05 10:53 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ik ben bezig om tomtom 6 (officieel gekochte DVD) te installeren op een Psion Teklogic Netbook Pro met WinCE.net 4.2 besturingssysteem. Stemmen en kaarten installeren op het "Intern Geheugen" is blijkbaar geen probleem. Maar wanneer ik probeer om het eigenlijke programma (TomTom application for PocketPC) op het intern geheugen te zetten krijg ik de melding "intern geheugen: dit toestel wordt niet ondersteund". Iemand een idee hoe dit wel kan lukken. Ik heb een regeditor die werkt op de NBP, en nogmaals : ik heb een originele DVD !!!

joppe@discobel.be
MvG,
Joppe
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-03-05 10:58 AM
#
H/PC Elder

TomTom 6 can be made to run. you may need some extra dll files and execheck to debug the tomtom .exe and .dll files to see which files it is missing or if ce 4.2 is missing any functions from files like aygshell or coredll etc.

The tomtom cab files will not install so you will need somthing like Cab Manager (OCP software 30day trial) to extract the contents of the tomtom cab preserving file names and locations.

Do a search on here as people have run TT6 on ce 4.1 and 4.2 devices before.

Hope this helps

John

Edited by mr-mac 2009-03-05 10:59 AM
 Top of the page
joppe Page Icon Posted 2009-03-06 5:46 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello again, since I can not find a topic on "TT6 on ce 4.2", I'll try again, be it in poor English:

I am trying to install tomtom 6 navigator (official buy-DVD) on a Psion Teklogic Netbook Pro with WinCE.net 4.2 OS. Installing voices and maps using tomtomhome in "Internal memory" is no problem, but when I try to install "TomTom aplication for Pocket PC" on the same "Intern memory", I get the message: " Intern geheugen: dit toestel wordt niet ondersteund" (intern memory: this device is not supported). I did already try to install on SD and on CF, but then when I have to restart my NBP, TT seems to start installing and then stops after a few seconds. As said before I have the original DVD, but to check if it can work, I tryed installing TT7. This 'version' starts, let me choose the language, the voice and km/mile, but then comes with the message "no map found". I then tryed other maps, version 7xx., but the same problem. Even so, since I aim to use my device over the border to, I prefer a legal version. So I removed everything to start all over again. John told me about extra dll's and execheck. Can anybody, please please, tell me where to find this, and how to use them ? Again, I am trying to install the "OFFICIAL" version.
Thanks
joppe@discobel.be
MvG,
Joppe

mr-mac - 2009-03-05 10:58 AM

TomTom 6 can be made to run. you may need some extra dll files and execheck to debug the tomtom .exe and .dll files to see which files it is missing or if ce 4.2 is missing any functions from files like aygshell or coredll etc.

The tomtom cab files will not install so you will need somthing like Cab Manager (OCP software 30day trial) to extract the contents of the tomtom cab preserving file names and locations.

Do a search on here as people have run TT6 on ce 4.1 and 4.2 devices before.

Hope this helps

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-03-06 7:03 AM
#
H/PC Elder

First off...

As per first reply... The tomtom 6 cab will not install... Get OCP's Cab Manager software 30 day trial and use it on a desktop to manually extract the contents of the cab file for tomtom (make sure you preserve directory structure).

Once this is done try and pop the folders and files you extracted from cab onto your memory card or other location on the netbook you want to have the software.

Try and run the tomtom exe and see if it works.

Only if it falls over will you need to check the tomtom 6 exe and dll files with execheck to see if there are any errors on missing functions. I seem to think once you pop cab contents on device it should run fine though but if not see next paragraph.

You can get execheck from cmonex's site http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php called executabability check in the hacking tools section. Once you have this tool pop the execheck exe file on your 900c. run it and select all the tomtom exe and dll files one by one and see if it displays any errors.

Cheers

John

PS had a quick thought. TomTom 6 may need you to install GAPI which will give the netbook pro a gx.dll (see if execheck says it needs this) http://www.wincesoft.de/html/gapi_for_hpc_s.html

Edited by mr-mac 2009-03-06 7:08 AM
 Top of the page
joppe Page Icon Posted 2009-03-06 11:30 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am a bit confused now, I do have wince cab manager ( for another 12 days or so) but I don't have cab files. Well not for tom tom, I have them for the GAPI, for the st/hpc 400 (memory handling ?), for Ciscoblackport (Lancarddriver) and regedit jup_arm, that's it. I have the DVD for tomtom navigator and I can 'install to a memory card SD or CF but not on the netbook. .. OK I did find 2 cab files now: TTN (The file "\Storage Card\2577\TTN.CAB is not a valid Windows CE Setup file" and TTN2003 "Install here" then " Installing" for 2 seconds and nothing anymore.... Furthermore a map "Benelux" and a map "RASTER" and a map "VOICES" all without cab-files. I also have a red "start" icoon wich gives me a screen, a sound and nothing more .....
So, with GAPI installed, how do I continue ? Perhaps it is because I am using tomtomhome ?
 Top of the page
mr-mac
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-03-06 2:20 PM
#
So take the two cabs and extract them and pop the extracted files back on memory card. Then try and run the .exe file in the tomtom directory probably called mobilenavigator.

you just install gapi it adds the functionallity that a ppc has in gx.dll which the Hpc doesnt have.

John
 Top of the page
joppe Page Icon Posted 2009-03-07 4:07 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok, I followed your lead and copied the cab file to the desktop, then extracted it and recopied everything to the NBP. I now can start tomtom, choose language, voice, time notation and km/mile. Then I have to choose a map, with Benelux suggested, when I do so and enter the number I got from ttcode, I get the answer ""wrong number". I did enter the right number, but I got it activating the Western Europe map, (not the Benelux map on the same DVD) . I installed this Benelux map only as a trial (63 MB iso 906 MB) So now I am loading the WE map, wich will take about 20 hours and in another 8 hours I will know if it works. So far it looks good, better than up untill now !

Thanks for the help already given, I let you now if it works !

Now next question : Wich GPS mouse can I use with wince.net 4.2 ? The compatibility list of PSION does not talk about a gps receiver. As for bluetooth: the only 2 devices they are suggesting are out of production so long that you want even find then on e-bay anymore.

joppe@discobel.be
Kind regards,
Joppe
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-03-07 1:53 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Well a compatible bluetooth card with any BT reciver should work. Or a CF gps reciver.
 Top of the page
joppe Page Icon Posted 2009-03-07 4:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you very, very much Mr Mac, it works

Now, all I have to do is find me a wired or a bluetooth GPS receiver thet will work on this Netbook Pro Any idees, anybody ?

joppe@discobel.be
MvG,
Joppe
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2009-03-07 5:12 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I use a haicom CF bluetooth reciever combined with a haicom bluetooth slipper and it works like a charm

Cheers!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-07 6:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mr-mac - 2009-03-06 1:03 PM

You can get execheck from cmonex's site http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php called executabability check in the hacking tools section. Once you have this tool pop the execheck exe file on your 900c. run it and select all the tomtom exe and dll files one by one and see if it displays any errors.

please note that that is a very old address, use http://hpcmonex.net instead (or http://hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm)
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-03-07 7:11 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I use haicom 305 cf reciver as well (it is a CF unit). though if you plan to use bluetooth only would maybe go with a BT one. not sure I would use wired as the serial ones tend to be older and slower these days.

Ah nice one cmonex.

John
 Top of the page
joppe Page Icon Posted 2009-03-08 6:21 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I did find a Anycomm CC3011, wich is the PCMCIA bluetooth card mentioned in the NETBOOK PRO Compatibility Matrix. I hope I will have it end next week. I'll try that one first and then I'll see. In any case thanks tou all, and I let you know if it works....
 Top of the page
joppe Page Icon Posted 2009-03-22 1:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The Anycomm card I found, did arrive broken, so far no news. I amnow trying to find another one that works. No news = good news ?
 Top of the page
joppe Page Icon Posted 2009-04-02 11:47 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Oke all, I do have a working BT card Anycomm CC 3011. I did check the card on my laptop and it works. When I put it in the Netbook Pro and I scan the Bluetooth controls I get the message "Bluetooth hardware error 10050". I did contact th e vendorand he assured me that I do not need a driver since the NBP should have this driver integrated. So I guess it is just a matter of finding the right software (I hope). Has anyone got an idee to help me please ?
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 9