x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

is it possible to use Arabic language on Jornada 720?

msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-05-31 6:39 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

hello friends,

long time no see. i been busy travelling back to my family in saudi arabia. now that i'm in an arabic country i found myself needing to carry some arabic documents and type some things in arabic.

so the features i need are:
1. display documents (docs, htmls) in arabic.
2. type in arabic.

is that possible?

i always appreciate your help.

thanks,

msafi,
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-31 7:21 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you just try a basic and upload a Arabic font to the device, can it read-out document using it?
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 7:57 AM
#
Assalamualaikum Safi,

One things for sure mate, your 720 is gonna get a loooottt of attention here in Saudi. They're just not that many around here I guess.

Anyway, I'm not sure about the typing bit, but you could try converting the arabic documents that you want to view to PDF.. then use the Reader or Primer to read them. Hope this helps.

Top of the page
msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 7:59 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

thank you friends for the tips.

alfabob, your tip is sure going to be helpful (if another way couldn't be found)

c:amie,

could you give me further help on how to upload a font to my J?

thanks,

msafi,
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-02 6:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hi,

Sure, you just need to drop the .ttf file into the \Windows\Fonts folder on the H/PC by some means.

To get the ones you require from the host Windows PC, simply navigate to c:\windows\fonts and copy the necessary file out of the font folder (say to the desktop) then copy it over to the H/PC.
Font's are semi-logically named, some will have more than one for roman, demi, bold, italic it's up to you which bits you want to take - I ususally take the entire family.
 Top of the page
msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 6:36 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

hello c:amie,

that simple sollution unfortunately didn't work.

i copied a font file and selected it in my word processor but it still displayed incorrectly.

is there anything else to try?

thanks,

msafi,
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 7:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It then is a matter of getting the correction regional wince.nls and IME's which basically isn't possible.

You would need to change the page codes of the system by the nls approach... and that isn't easy in anyones book.
Try googling for Windows CE page codes or keyboard mapping, may be you will get lucky.
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 4:34 AM
#
I think it's gonna be a little bit more than just transferring the TTF file. Arabic script is different from that of romanised scripts, you write from right to left for example like Hebrew, and there's all sort of accent characters.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 7:10 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Well yes indeed, but that's just down to software control. If it can't recognise the character mappings to the font then sorting all that out isn't going to do you any good
 Top of the page
msafi Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 1:11 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

i don't have my HPC 2000 device any more, but i found this today while i was looking for arabic support for my HTC Wizard. This supports Arabic on HPC 2000: http://tinyurl.com/7tkb8

it's a bit pricy but it's the only easy solution i guess...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9