x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Install Orinoco Silver Wireless card without Activesync.

1 2
Mister-Miser
Mister-Miser Page Icon Posted 2005-05-31 8:49 PM
#
Ok so Im a Mac OS X Unix guy with a NEC MobilePro 780. I am looking to use my Orinoco 780 wireless card with it but do not have the sync cable for this unit and am unable to gain access to a PC from which to Activesync the software. Any suggestions for how I could get this drive onto my 780. I have tried taking apart the .exe file for a usable cab file but that led me no where. If there any way someone could post the files necessary in a form I could install them with a CF card. Thanks a bunch for listening.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-31 9:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

if you give me a link where i can download the driver i'll post the cab version for you or send it by mail.
 Top of the page
Mister-Miser
Mister-Miser Page Icon Posted 2005-05-31 10:13 PM
#
That would be awesome. I found the driver in a few different places but here seems to be just as good. http://www.ntu.edu.sg/CITS/latest+deals+and++loan/wireless+lan+cards+for+loan/software+driver+download.htm

I am using a 780 so I will need the Win CE 2.11 version I believe.
 Top of the page
Mister-Miser
Mister-Miser Page Icon Posted 2005-05-31 10:17 PM
#
If you could send it to tbrand@bluesparc.com Thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-31 10:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK, check your mail!
 Top of the page
Miser
Miser Page Icon Posted 2005-05-31 10:50 PM
#
Wow thanks alot, I have been trying to get that to work all day, and now it seems to be working great. How did you do it? Does the ActiveSync application convert files to being install on handhelds to CAB files? Do the files automatically install themselves during the sync like a palm, or does the user then have to manually install them? And if they do automatically install is the cab file left behind some where, maybe on the PC? You don't have to answer any of these questions. I just got my 780 today so have alot to learn about it. It is really unfortunate nobody is developing hardware for this form factor anymore as it is really a innovative design, but I am glad there is still a strong community for this form factor of products. Once again Thanks!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 6:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm glad it works for you! out of curiosity, which one was right? 3000 or 4100?
with ActiveSync, you can install programs manually or automatically, as you like it it extracts the cabs from the installer (sometimes it can be done without AS but unfortunately, not always...), and placs them somewhere (typically in Activesync's folder or in its own folder under Program Files)on the PC, then installs it to your hpc or you can copy them manually to it (i prefer the latter method). so i didn't need to have a MP780, AS extracted the installer without problems (usually there's no need for the device to be actually connected to the PC).
yeah i'm so sorry and sad too that manufacturers no longer care about these wonderful products
so it's really important that we have a good community

Edited by cmonex 2005-06-01 6:40 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 8:41 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The 780 has a NEC VR4121 CPU
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 9:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK, thanks, i guessed so. just too lazy to look for it with google
 Top of the page
Mister-Miser
Mister-Miser Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 1:59 PM
#
Yeah I tried to use ActiveSync on a virtual machine but because it could not pair my handheld with it anything I tried to install would not cache so I had no way of getting the .cab files I needed.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 3:44 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Which VPC are you using?
If you're having issues with getting serial access it may be worth a post in the relevant forums (MS Newsgroups if the MS VPC).
I have my Windows MSVPC working through to the serial successfully.
 Top of the page
buddyo
buddyo Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 6:22 PM
#
Is there any way one of you could send me the silver ethernet card adapter as well or a generic netgear wi-fi driver? I'm in the same cableless, Mac world and can't seem to get my card to work.

Thanks,
buddyo@gmail.com
 Top of the page
Miser
Miser Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 7:50 PM
#
I sent it off to you, did you get it?
 Top of the page
Yamaoka
Yamaoka Page Icon Posted 2005-07-18 11:08 PM
#
I have a NEC Moble PRO 780, have windows, do not have the link cables for this unit nad am trying to install my pc orinoco Wireless gold card. the infared port isn't connecting to my dell axim 30's infared port. If anyone has an information on how to install this hardware for my moble pro of even the drivers please e-mail me at imdisturbed557@hotmail.com. Any feedback would be very appreciated, thank you
 Top of the page
sparkyssb Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 1:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello All,

I know this is an old post however I just recieved a MobilePro 780 with Windows CE 3.01, core version 2.11. I have an Alvarion PC-DS.11b wireless card which is a rebrand of the Orinoco Gold card. I am having a heck of a time trying to get the thing installed. I have spent about 4 hours trying to install different drivers W/OUT ActiveSync. I do not have a serial cable to do this.

Can you fine gentleman help me just like you helped the fellow above? It would be appreciated beyond belief.

If you need my email address, it is: sparkyssb@eriecoast.com

Thank you.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9