x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The contents of the selected playlist are either not currently available or unsupported

madmex0 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-17 12:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK I was playing certain MP3 files fine, until I put them in a Playlist. Now I get the above. Can't understand why!
Please help.

Edited by madmex0 2009-03-17 12:54 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-17 3:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've never seen this error message before. Which MP3 player are you using - Windows Media Player 1.2 for H/PCs, TCPMP, or some other player? Also, was the H/PC powered off (or suspended automatically after a few minutes of inactivity) between saving the playlist and attempting to play its contents? And are the contents of the playlist on a memory card (as opposed to the device's internal memory [RAM])? (It's possible that the H/PC identified the external memory card differently after powering it back on. Which H/PC was this, by the way?
 Top of the page
madmex0 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-17 11:02 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

This is happens on Windows Media Player 1.2. It works fine on the Hum Media Player, but that player has no slide which I need.
The contents are on a CF Card. When I did the Playlist, the HP Jornada 728 was always on, no suspension.
I really don't understand how to install TCPMP.
Also, (don't know if this is normal) my Jornada stalls a lot with some application, such as making the Playlist for some reason.
Thanks for the reply!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-17 2:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

When you say "stalls a lot," do you mean that it freezes up (requiring a soft reset), or do you mean that it sits for a long time before completing the task? (The latter is unfortunately normal with WMP 1.2.) Did you remove and later put back in the CF card at any point during the process? (In the 728, the CF card is normally identified as "Storage Card" when placed in the CF compartment under the device. When placed in a PCMCIA adapter in the PCMCIA slot, it's identified as "Storage Card2." Which of these shows up in "My Handheld PC"? I ask these questions because the playlist file points to the location where the MP3 tracks were when the playlist file was created - so if the card is misidentified as, say, "Storage Card3" [this happens occasionally after removal and re-insertion or after suspend and powering back on], the playlist file won't find them.)
 Top of the page
madmex0 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-17 7:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

On My Handheld PC it says Storage Card. In Control Panel>System>Device>Expansion Slot 1. In Programs>HP Utilities>HP Settings>Memory>Storage Card1. Also, I've got an 8 GB card and it says it's less than 4GB.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-17 10:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That may be a clue - the device may be having trouble reading the CF card. Others have reported similar cases of these older devices not recognizing the full capacity of some newer large-volume CF cards. If you have an older CF card handy, try copying the MP3 files to it and then creating a playlist on the 728 with them, and then see if you have the same problem.
 Top of the page
madmex0 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-24 11:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I give up! I was able to install TCPMP and it works fine!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-24 7:45 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I know WMP 1.2 is pretty picky about bitrates and such, but the error message you got is new to me. In my experience WMP just skipped the track and went to the next one, without any error message. Anyway, TCPMP plays a broad range of bitrates without a problem, so it's no surprise I rarely use WMP any more for audio, opting instead for TCPMP/HPC Media Player. Glad it's working for you too.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.160 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 12