x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Unbricking PNA's

ogry Page Icon Posted 2009-03-23 5:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Last night, while my childs are around praying for a new hacked game over their NDS, I wat treating to hack my brother's PNA (AliOS Argos GPS). I just correctly touched the original executables to gain access to the device, then I put the dll's and other files that usually are missed in the distro shipped with theses devices, and I edited the registry to change the ugly splash screen with my own, and the init keys to run directly the explorer, as I do on others PNAs I hacked. I'm pretty sure that my mistake was to put a bad name where it was the name of the apply (YFLoaderMLC.exe) that usually shows the initial options (iGo and Setup). My intention were to substitute this by the explorer, but now the device is bricked, as far I know, surelly searching in the rom a program named like 'explore', or something like...

I can see the device throught ActiveSync, but the ROM seems to be locked to write on or to modify. If I were able to copy the registry files, or to modify them on the fly, I'm pretty sure I would regain their control.

Other think I noted is that when I insert the SD card the device welcomes it with a nice sound, so I would think that if it is able to autorun somethink, it could be possible to modify the registry again and bring acces to de device.

Simply resetting the device while plugged on the USB, I gain access to the flasher, but is not the usual uBoot, nor anything i know (mainly about linux flashers). It only says, over a blue screen:

Usb connected ok If you want to update firmware, run upda te program on PC, otherwise unplug the u sb cable to continue

Any idea on how to flash it?
I think that a standar ARM920 image should work, but as it is accesible, there is a way to know their correct architecture?

Saludos, OSCAR.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 26