x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 680 "Connection" issue

1 2
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-02 1:52 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Do be aware that just because a Windows driver has it, doesn't mean a CE one will too.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-02 3:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i don't understand. why would you need ad-hoc if you have a wlan router as well?! the jornada can still connect to your PC if it's in infrastructure mode. my setup is exactly this.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-02 3:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If I'm still following this increasingly impossible set of network events... there are two wireles NIC's and a Wired LAN router - as per my diagram.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-02 4:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no, mikehende says in his first post that he has a wlan router.. but i can't be sure i understand everything as he hasn't answered my question
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-02 4:53 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

er, o..k
Then in that case you don't use Ad-hoc mode against a WAP and wired and wireless lan schould be centrally addressed by the router.
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-06-03 7:46 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

cmonex - 2005-06-02 4:18 PM

no, mikehende says in his first post that he has a wlan router.. but i can't be sure i understand everything as he hasn't answered my question

So sorry Cmonex, that is simply because my wife who does all the networking stuff here at home just didn't have the time yesterday either to do anything with the Jornada or answer my questions, we will get to it tonight and I will answer your specific questions tonight. In th meantime, C:Amie's second diagram is accurate and to further explain, yes, it is a "wireless" Router but 3 of the 4 pc's we have here are "wired" to the Router, only one, [mine], is wirelessly connected.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-03 10:38 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

no problem, i just reminded you of it
my setup is just like this, only my PC isn't wirelessly connected to the router and the jornada is in infrastructure mode. so it really should work for you too, your wife's explanation is incorrect.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-03 2:41 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to H/PC Pro Support
I just realised that this wasn't in tech support
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 2:20 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

cmonex - 2005-06-01 9:33 PM

heh i've got lost here. what do you mean by "main" pc, why is it "main" and why can't it be connected wirelessly? it doesn't matter anyway if it's lan or wlan..

Ok, found the post using the Search feature, to answer your questions:
For Home networking on a Lan with Windows XP, 1 pc has to be "wired" to the Router and this is your "main" pc, all the rest of of pc's are just "clients" and they can be "wireless". This is straight from the Turtorial so we don't know why this is so.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 2:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no i don't think it's required... it really should not matter if a pc is connected wired or wirelessly, every one of them is just a client to the router.

about your problem, has it been solved yet, by using always infrastructure mode?
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 5:15 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

No, we will try again during this week, wish I could find someone who has XP "Home" edition using Adhoc to give me a step by step or tell me what I am missing.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 6:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

do you mean simply putting your jornada into infrastructure mode doesn't help? you really shouldn't have to do anything else, nothing on the PC. or does the software require an internet connection instead of a simple lan connection? i wouldn't believe that...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9