x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

"Unable to establish a secure connection" error message

keith
keith Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 3:23 PM
#
I recently purchased a 680e from Tigerdirect. For me it is the perfect light weight solution for traveling. I have installed a WiFi PCMCIA card and that works well now that I have the correct drivers loaded. When I try to access mail through Yahoo or thru my company's "web mail" on our web site, I get "Unable to establish secure connection".

Why can I not get my email with this setup? I can access my multiple email address this way on any other computer thru the browser. Is this due to the age of CE? Is there a work around?

I'm leaving on an extended business trip in 5 days, and would sure like to solve this so I don't have to drag my laptop around.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Keith
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 3:52 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to H/PC Pro Support

A) There are tech support forums on this board, please better judge where you're posting

B) Yahoo mail has been covered several times before on the board, as has that error message. Here's a HPC Pro search for Yahoo, you should find the answers you need through that.
"Search is your friend" - as they say.

The corpoate mail could be more tricky, but go through the Yahoo process first and see if it resolves it. Good luck on your trip.
 Top of the page
MikeH
MikeH Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 3:41 PM
#
I had the same problem on my NEC MobilPro 780 and downloaded this patch. It fixed the problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a091975d-5d66-4b31-b158-05bc410efcbe&displaylang=en
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8