x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J720: Is there something like WINSFTP and PUTTY, that can do on another PORT?

patrick295767 Page Icon Posted 2009-04-03 1:15 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

J720: Is there something like WINSFTP and PUTTY, that can do on another PORT?
I have unfortunately by the company NOT to actually use the regular port (SSH).

Best regards
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-04-03 6:55 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I think most SSH clients let you specify a port. The PocketPC 2002 version PocketPuTTY works with RedGear, but key negotiation is slow on a StrongARM processor. There are also for-pay solutions such as PockeTTY. Look through the archives at Handheld Attitude for these.
 Top of the page
patrick295767 Page Icon Posted 2009-04-05 1:05 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

isotherm - 2009-04-03 6:55 AM

I think most SSH clients let you specify a port. The PocketPC 2002 version PocketPuTTY works with RedGear, but key negotiation is slow on a StrongARM processor. There are also for-pay solutions such as PockeTTY. Look through the archives at Handheld Attitude for these.

unfortunately I checkl this site too, and no way for fvreeware + chioice of the port of SSH
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-04-05 3:09 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

There is a demo/shareware? version of Mocha Telnet for CE here. I'm not sure what the limiations are though. I downloaded it and installed it on my mobilepro and the only things I could see was a nag message "*** DEMO ***" flashing in the bottom status bar and a popup window saying it is an unregistered copy. It connected just fine using SSH (handles both SSH 1.5 and 2.0) on any port. Even if you have to (and want to) end up registering, their order page says the windows mobile (not the version for CE 2.x/HPC2k) is $25 for a single user. However, they may have a much cheaper price for the older (and outdated?) version for CE 2.x/HPC2k.

Also, if you're feeling adventurous and are desperate for a freeware SSH client, you might try Rainer's SSH port here.

Edited by mscdex 2009-04-05 3:13 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11