x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SlingPlayer on Viewsonic V212

citivolus Page Icon Posted 2009-04-09 8:26 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I am working with someone who has both the V210 and the V212 to try to get the SlingPlayer Mobile software to work. He has tried it on both devices, but I am really interested in the V212 due to its Intel 2700G video accelerator.

The cabfile on slingmedia.com did not install at all on the V212 so I installed it on my HTC Mogul and copied over the \Program Files directory intact. here is what he reported:

I got nowhere - gave up on the v212 as couldn't get my execute check to run on it to get any clues as to the problem. Will have to look for exe check that will run on the v212.

So with the v210 getting

\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1317
\Windows\aygshell.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 75

Missing two other dll's - I think cellcore.dll and the gx.dll.
So found a cellcore.dll and installed GAPI and put the v210 gx.dll in place. And configured for v210 hardware support.
Which leaves the coredll and aygshell.dll. Tried maybe up to 5 different versions of each.
But I can't find compatible coredll.dll and aygshell.dll to the let the app run.

Both the v210 and v212 report SlingPlayer.exe is not a valid Windows CE application. Would assume because of the coredll and aygshell compatible problems.

can anyone suggest something to try? again my ultimate goal is to get SlingPlayer working on the V212.

thanks!
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-04-09 8:49 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Try to use dummies...
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/get-attachment.asp?attachmentid=2567
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/get-attachment.asp?attachmentid=2568

coredl5 depends on coredll so don't rename it to coredll.

Or search in main exe for hex values 4B000080 and 71050080 and change all of them to 02000080.
 Top of the page
citivolus Page Icon Posted 2009-04-09 1:25 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

here's our progress; any suggestions on how to proceed?

Ok... Somewhat closer. Still on the v210 - figure if I can get close on the v210 I'll give a try on the v212. I did try on the v212 - had to install gapi in emulation mode though. But still get the same message that SlingPlayer Mobile is intended to be used on a PocketPC device.

No go on the dll's even when mapping the exe to use the COREDL5.DLL.

But the hex patch did work.
The actual hex values to search and replace in main exe was 4B000080 and 25050080. No 71050080. I just mapped the ordinary hex value swapped with 80 on the end and seemed to be the right values. Found two of each and changed to 02000080.
Now the exe check is happy.
Starting the app now gives a error dialog box.

This version of SlingPlayer Mobile is intended to be used on a Windows PocketPC device.

So - back to square one I think ... Was there other versions to try maybe?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-04-09 1:52 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hard stuff...
There are too much ways to determine the OS modification.
Search for unicode .dll and .exe in the executable. Give the results.
Also search for ansi and unicode HKLM, HKCU, HKCR and LOCAL_MACHINE, CURRENT_USER, CLASSES_ROOT, HKEY. Give the found strings containing these.

Edited by Alt Bass 2009-04-09 1:56 PM
 Top of the page
citivolus Page Icon Posted 2009-04-11 6:58 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

here's the info requested:

I used a windows version of strings do dump the exe ascii/unicode strings - and specify a min length of 5 - I've attached the text file. There is a large section in the middle that is spaces... - but there is stuff after.

I guess I was hoping that SlingPlayer could call a media player of your choice, but seems wired in for Windows Media Player - unless these dll's are only default.

I suppose the main thing that caught my attention was the Windows media player dll's which none of the dll's listed are on either the v210 or v212.
wma9prodecoder.dll
wmadecoder.dll
wmv9decoder.dll
wmvdecoder.dll

The v212 and I think the v210 has the following which are listed in the exe.
crypt32.dll
msdmo.dll
coredll.dll (a missing function entry patched in exe)
aygshell.dll (a missing function entry patched in exe)
commctrl.dll
WS2.dll
WININET.dll
ole32.dll
OLEAUT32.dll

And now cellcore.dll.
gx.dll installed from GAPI.

From app directory.
SBIL.dll
SpmRender.dll
SPMST.dll

Around line 138 of the string dump has a list of PocketPC strings.

PocketPC
Unknown OS ver
Windows Mobile 6.1
Windows Mobile 6.0
Windows Mobile 5.0
Windows Mobile 2003SE
Windows Mobile 2003
Pocket PC 2002
Pocket PC 2000

Right after that has a possible Registry path - but nether the v210/v212 have this if suppose to exist. You might see if you have something in HKLM on yours.
System\Versions

I also thought it odd but on both the v210 and v212. Internet Explore exe appears to be \Windows\iesample.exe and not \Windows\iexplore.exe
So the exe has text pointing to \Windows\iexplore.exe.

Another Registry in SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ASFCodecs Where the v210 and v212 doesn't have the MediaPlayer key.

System\GDI\Rotation does exists - set to 0

I also noticed this thread that is attempting to do something similar:
How to bypass check for Pocket PC on Slingplayer Mobile

cmonex, can you help us out and update the exe so as to bypass the check? it can be found here

thanks!

Edited by citivolus 2009-04-11 7:06 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-06-28 10:30 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry for slow reply, as stated in my signature I don't check PM's often (a PM is what directed me here). still need this?
 Top of the page
Kwende Page Icon Posted 2009-09-29 1:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I actually also need this and I have noticed that the links you had provided in the previous (2007) topic with a working binary are no longer working so would apreciate a new binary Or a workaround, Cmonex.
Cheers
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10