x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help !!! Intallind agere drivers Jornada 720

1 2 3
onehal9000 Page Icon Posted 2009-04-11 4:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi There:

Im a Noob here.

Can somebody help me and tell me how to install The agere drivers on my jornada 720 so i can use mi 2wire wifi card ?

I downloaded the the zip file , extracted the files an copied them to the j720 but i get and error that its not a CE app.

And also a bit confused on what Cab file to use!!!!!

Please Help.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2009-04-11 6:27 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Have you gone thru this article?
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0031.asp
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-04-11 11:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That article leaves out a couple of details:

The links on the page download ZIP files that themselves have another ZIP file within called Inflated.zip. Inside that are the Windows CE CABs. Use the one named wireless.SA1100.cab for the 720.
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2009-04-12 3:20 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

do those work for the lucent speedtouch card too? I thought i read somewhere that the lucent card used agere chips....thanks
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2009-04-12 6:38 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yes if your speedtouch is a 16bit one.
 Top of the page
onehal9000 Page Icon Posted 2009-04-12 6:42 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I tried all of those files. Expanden everything in my laptop , then copied them to the j720 via usb cable. Didnt use activsinc software(running vista in laptop) . I must be doing something wrong.

Is there a writeup in doing this somewhere ?

Thanks everybody for your help.

Mike.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-04-12 7:55 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The instructions I gave above should cover it. Did you locate the CAB file wireless.SA1100.cab?
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2009-04-12 11:37 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ok so i managed to load that .cab file and my jornada sees the speed touch card! i can view networks in the area so that part works great. problem comes up when entering my wep key. the 2wire wireless modem uses a 10 digit key for its wep. but when i enter the info into the setup utility it asks me to enter a 5 digit for 64 bit or 13 digit for 128 bit encryption. when i use alpha it rejects my input but when i use hex it takes it. after accepting the hex wep it still doesn't connect and i get a 127.0.0.1....any ideas?
 Top of the page
patrick295767 Page Icon Posted 2009-04-14 12:09 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

onehal9000 - 2009-04-11 4:15 PM

Hi There:

Im a Noob here.

Can somebody help me and tell me how to install The agere drivers on my jornada 720 so i can use mi 2wire wifi card ?

I downloaded the the zip file , extracted the files an copied them to the j720 but i get and error that its not a CE app.

And also a bit confused on what Cab file to use!!!!!

Please Help.

Thanks.

FEW WILL HELP YOU CLEARLY WITH HOWTO IN THIS FORUM !!
I had to contact people per email to get drivers and help very long and time consuming

So here I can give you some information, but I havent much time to build webpages
I do my best, otherwise email me:
here are the 2 working cards + 1 howto as PDF (for one aironet driver email me on time)
http://patrick295767.pa.funpic.org/jornada/myhardware/working_great/

--
http://patrick295767.pa.funpic.org/jornada/webpage-jornada.html

Edit:
sorry I didnt see teh " agere drivers " ...
let's take some coffee

Edited by patrick295767 2009-04-14 12:16 AM
 Top of the page
Isabel
Isabel Page Icon Posted 2009-04-24 2:31 AM
#
I'm still having trouble with an agere card (compaq WL110). I've installed the 720 cab file SA110 and inserted the PCMCIA card, but the program "agere client" says "driver not loaded"

Forgive me if I'm missing something, I've only used macs up until a few months ago, and have so far only become very lost!

Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-04-24 4:47 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I believe that the WL100 is a prism chip, not an agere one. There is a driver for it in the HCL.

CE makes this a lot more complicated than desktop Windows, so please don't let this tarnish you general view of non-Mac's; frustrating though it is.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-04-24 7:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, C:Amie, the WL-100 is Prism-based - but the previous poster said WL-110, which is in fact Agere-based:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/detail.asp?hcdid=622&pn=2&mstrcat=12&sortby=&hclq=&gowince=1,%203,%205,%207,%2010
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-04-25 4:31 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Oh, lol! Glasses needed
 Top of the page
isabel Page Icon Posted 2009-04-26 2:07 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

So I've tried everything suggested so far. Has anyone any idea why it's not working? unless it's the card itself.

also, other programs I've downloaded from this site specifically for the jornada 720 don't work, coming up as not "valid". Could there be some kind of software that I'm missing that reads these files in the first place? My head is really spinning from all this stuff...

Thanks for responding by the way!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-04-26 2:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A couple of things to try up front (if you haven't already) - sometimes the solution turns out to be something relatively simple:

1) Try removing and re-inserting the card. It shouldn't ask for a driver name, but if it does, enter WLAGS46.

2) Try removing the card again, and this time soft reset before putting the card back in.

3) Go to the Control Panel and open "Network" (not "Wireless Network" ). Select one of the Agere wireless drivers (WLAGS46 or WLAGS46b), and check to ensure that DHCP is enabled. (This allows the card to search for a network automatically.) Then, after tapping OK, remove and re-insert the card. Wait a couple of minutes for the card to find a wireless network. (It may take a minute or two the first time you use a particular network.)

4) Open the Agere Client, and select "Edit Wireless Profiles." After tapping on "Next" a couple of times, you'll get a page asking you to select a network. Tap on the "Scan" button, and the names of the available networks will show. Select the one you want to use, and tap "Next." The next page is for entering the WEP key assigned to the network (if the network is WEP-secured); leave it alone and tap "Next" if you don't have a WEP key. Then tap "Finish" on the next page.

Be aware that, because the WL-110 is an 802.11b card, the router must be set to transmit in B (or combined B/G) mode for the card to pick up its signal. Also, the card does not support WPA or newer encryption protocols - only WEP.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 14