x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Some hardware problems, MidasPad

Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-04-13 9:18 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

1. SD slot accepts any cards, but recognizes not more than 1 GB. That means that when 2 GB card is inserted it's size is 2 GB but trying to write anything to it if first gigabyte is used returns an error, as well as reading some files from the 2 GB card with less than 1 GB free. (If not to mention fragmentation issues) How to fix it? Rewriting of drivers needed? I can discover the SD controller model.
2. Socket LPE when inserted in PCMCIA slot throgh Sandisk adapter doesn't work stabely, when transfer begins it loses connection repeatedly. No such problems with CF slot. CF memory cards work fine in PC-card slot. How to fix it?
3. IrDA is powered, one of the two IR-eyes lights red, when trying to receive files with TotalCommander nothing happens, just continious awaiting for incoming connection, the same when trying to send anything. I guess it is somehow connected with IR-settings under HKLM/Comm, I've changed some values but it didn't help. Or there are wrong setting under Drivers/BuiltIn? IR is connected to PXA255 COM-controller. How to fix it?
4. An USB keyboard when attached works fine but character repeat doesn't work. Also Windows key holding is not supported, I can't use Win+key combinations, still ctrl aNd shift work fine from that point of view. If layout dll is changed, pressing any button freezes the OS. How to fix it?
5. I need to quad-click instead of double click when using a mouse. How to fi it?
6. USB flash drives fail to be recognised. If cardreader is attached only one memory slot is recognised (I took PB5 usbmsc drivers and put them on Sigmarion, it helped there, but on this tablet woth this drivers all card slots are recognised but only at the first plug-in and they are not displayed in root folder, just some keys are added to HKLM/Drivers/Active. Then device.exe hangs up until reset). How to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-04-13 1:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Dunno about the others, but 1) is not a unique problem - my Sig 3 does the same thing.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-04-13 4:10 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

He-he, my Sig doesn't. )

Please copy this to files in zip to \Windows and launch stguil.cpl or Storage Manager from CPL, then select SMC1:. What's the capacity?

Could you please make a full backup of the system and do a hard-reset? Just interested if it a hardware problem or not.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments StorageManager.zip (24KB - 3 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-04-13 4:46 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'd rather not go through a hard reset and restore of my Sig if it's not absolutely necessary.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-04-14 1:00 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

mine's happy with 2gb
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-04-14 9:32 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2009-04-14 12:46 AM

I'd rather not go through a hard reset and restore of my Sig if it's not absolutely necessary.

Then please try at least StorageManager.

Edited by Alt Bass 2009-04-14 9:32 AM
 Top of the page
stevejinde Page Icon Posted 2009-06-02 12:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Anybody know where I can get a battery for the MidasPAD??
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10