x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket Commodore 64/Vic 20 by ClickGamer

Ivor Page Icon Posted 2009-04-20 4:08 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I am currently running the above emulator on my NetBook Pro. It works fine accept the screen is tiny and only appears in the top left hand corner.

Does anyone know how to make it use more of the screen with a Handheld? I have GAPI and Nyditot but I cannot seem to change the resolution.

With the Windows Mobile screenshots I have seen, there seems to be a menu bar at the top of the display that lets you change the screen size - this does not appear in CE 4.2.

Any help would be appreciated. The company have not answered my queries in relation to this.

Kind regards.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-04-20 5:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There's no menu bar when you run it on the NB Pro? It might appear if you use a different version of aygshell.dll from the native one on the NB Pro. cmonex has a package of several versions of aygshell.dll on her site:

http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm

BTW, you might post a link to the Clickgamer page where this emulator can be downloaded, in case others want to try it.
 Top of the page
Ivor Page Icon Posted 2009-04-21 2:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you.

I did try Aygshell 4....but I will have a go with the others. Hopefully, I can get it to work as it works perfectly apart from the screen size!

Kind regards.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-04-21 2:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

BTW, if you can post a screenshot or two it'd be nice. (Remember to convert BMPs to JPG format first.) Also, please post a link to where you downloaded it so others can try it.
 Top of the page
Ivor Page Icon Posted 2009-04-21 3:02 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry....link is

http://www.clickgamer.com/moreinfo.htm?pid=17780§ion=PPC

There are many photos on the website...the blue menu bar at the top (seems to appear on Windows Mobile) is not present on the NetBook Pro. One of these options on the menu bar lets you choose the resolution according to the manual!

Kind regards.
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2009-04-22 4:45 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Tried the link but the page doesn't load..
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-04-22 5:38 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You keep having bad luck loading Web pages, Half-Saint. It's working fine for me.
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2009-04-22 5:59 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

"The operation timed out when attempting to contact www.clickgamer.com."

Weird..
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-04-22 11:14 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Works for me too.
 Top of the page
Ivor Page Icon Posted 2009-04-25 3:25 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck making the screen bigger on a handheld?....the Aygshells are not helping me...
 Top of the page
design.fort Page Icon Posted 2009-04-25 5:37 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi Ivor,

I will get a Netbook Pro next week. I'm very interested in getting the C64 emulator to work as well. I will let you know if I have any success

Ivor - 2009-04-25 3:25 PM

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck making the screen bigger on a handheld?....the Aygshells are not helping me...
 Top of the page
Ivor Page Icon Posted 2009-04-26 5:42 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Great stuff!

They are good machines....whilst you are looking, try and find a spectrum emulator with sound!! I have one from Palmtop which is very good but you cannot get sound to work.

I am yet to find a Spectrum DOS emulator that works in PocketDOS
 Top of the page
design.fort Page Icon Posted 2009-05-07 8:18 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I tried the emulator today. Same thing, the screen is pretty small. You can turn the screen, though by tapping on the C64 screen. This way it get's a bit bigger. I also tried if redgear shows more of a menu bar, but nothing.

Now another problem: I have not got any C64 program to work as of yet. Did you get any C64 programs to work?
I tried .d64 files but none of them will work.

Ivor - 2009-04-25 1:25 PM

Hi,

Top of the page
Ivor Page Icon Posted 2009-05-11 8:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I have not even tried due to the size of the screen!! Looks like here are no decent 8-bit emulators for the NetBook Pro...they either do not use the full screen or they do not support sound!
 Top of the page
design.fort Page Icon Posted 2009-05-11 11:27 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I don't really mind the smaller screen size, if the game is actually running. I bought a pocket PC the other day and tried the Commodore 64 emulator, because it got great reviews. But so far it's pretty disappointing as the emulator is not very compatible. This thing should be freeware as it runs maybe 45% of the Commodore 64 games. All the software I'm interested in do not work.

I really like the castCE (Atari ST) emulator. Runs good on the netbook (small screen) and so far all the programs I like, work.

And the Spectrum is better emulated without sound anyway It sure didn't have the C64s SID...

Ivor - 2009-05-11 6:41 AM

Hi,

I have not even tried due to the size of the screen!! Looks like here are no decent 8-bit emulators for the NetBook Pro...they either do not use the full screen or they do not support sound!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10