x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Turn off Back-up Battery Pop-up

1 2 3
Blazemann Page Icon Posted 2009-04-25 12:27 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

My MP900 doesn't detect the Back-up Battery at all, even when replaced. I don't even care to get it fixed as much as I want to get rid of the annoying pop-up every two minutes. Please tell me how to stop the pain of pop-up.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-04-25 3:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well....flash my custom roms those don't have the popup

goto http://hpcmonex.net and there 900c pages

but you need to first check your current firmware version and if bootloader is not 4.10 then need to flash the stock rom update first. (my page has all instructions there just read it)

Edited by cmonex 2009-04-25 3:11 PM
 Top of the page
Blazemann Page Icon Posted 2009-04-25 3:15 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I have a 900, not a 900c, will it still work? I have 3.0.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-04-25 4:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, it will work with no problem - it doesn't matter which version of CE you have on it. Just make sure to upgrade the bootloader to version 4.10 first (if it isn't already) as cmonex says.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-04-25 5:10 PM
#
H/PC Elite

If you don't want to flash to a version of CE that isn't licensed for your device, you can prevent the dialog box from appearing. If you're interested, download and install the CAB file linked below. When it asks where to install, select \Windows
http://walrus.modevia.com/battery.cab

Top of the page
Blazemann Page Icon Posted 2009-04-25 5:16 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Thanks to all of you! I have been searching around, and diffinitive answers are hard to get when the only difference is the letter 'c.' How simple is it to upgrade a MP900 with H/PC2000 to CE.Net 4.x? I haven't a host pc so I haven't a serial cable.(Vista sucks for HPC's)

Thanks again, hope to see answers soon!
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-04-25 6:15 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The hardware isn't different between 900 and 900C. If your device is licensed to run CE.NET, it will have a CE.NET license sticker on the bottom, like the one beneath the RESET button shown in this photo. If you bought your unit as a MobilePro 900, it likely has no sticker. The official upgrade to CE.NET (including license sticker) used to be sold by NEC and delivered on a CompactFlash card, but it's no longer for sale. Take it for what it's worth.
 Top of the page
Blazemann Page Icon Posted 2009-04-25 7:58 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

By, "Take it for what it's worth," do you mean I shouldn't upgrade?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-04-25 10:01 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You can upgrade without a problem - NEC just won't be responsible for what happens to your device (not that anything will happen).
 Top of the page
Blazemann Page Icon Posted 2009-04-25 10:09 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Okay. this will probably be the last question:

Is the operating system now freely downloadable, and if not, where can I now get it?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-04-26 12:08 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

1. NEC doesnt hold any responsibilities nor do they care since they EOL'ed the line in 2005 - except if you had some extended warranty but I bet thats also over now
2. I would say this update is abandonware, and even if it wasn't - I was able to dump the newest OS release, newer than what was contained in NEC's update package. this is what I host on my site that I already linked to. if you want to try out the newer CE.NET, go to: http://hpcmonex.net/nec900/download.php
fill in your firmware details - most likely yours is already in the list, in that case you're fine to go ahead (if not listed, you will get different instructions)
other than that, all you need is a CF card that's larger than 32MB and smaller than 2GB

but if you don't want to try to flash the new OS, because you aren't curious or because you don't want to use something that may not be licensed officially (though nobody cares in all honesty), that battery.cab by isotherm will also fix the backup batt issue wonderfully

EDIT: I see your other thread http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=13958&posts=1
see my post there before you go flashing

Edited by cmonex 2009-04-26 12:14 AM
 Top of the page
Blazemann Page Icon Posted 2009-04-26 8:17 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Well, the main reason I want to upgrade is for a C++ compiler. All I can find, free, for WinCE 3.0 is C Compilers. Does anyone here know of one for WinCE 3.0?

ISOTHERM: Thanks, the .cab file did the trick.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-04-26 9:40 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I think it's a bit of an overstatement that nobody cares about licensing. But by observation, I suppose one might say most don't seem to care about licensing.

I've used PocketGCC on my Jornada (CE 3.0) before, and it does C++.
 Top of the page
Blazemann Page Icon Posted 2009-04-26 10:10 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

isotherm - 2009-04-26 9:40 AM

I think it's a bit of an overstatement that nobody cares about licensing. But by observation, I suppose one might say most don't seem to care about licensing.

I've used PocketGCC on my Jornada (CE 3.0) before, and it does C++.

Wow. Four days I have searched for all of this info, and you few answer it in one. Thanks to all of you, I know where I can always get help!
 Top of the page
Blazemann Page Icon Posted 2009-04-26 7:58 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Could you direct me to a C++ only compiler? I have severely limited space, so just asking.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 13