x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP2000 to CE.NET 4.2 Help

1 2
scsi Page Icon Posted 2009-05-09 5:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

3 another card -- > white screen
Always boot old system....
i waiting 3h... nothing change...

Maybe jatag??
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-05-09 9:15 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Is it possible your ce.net cab files are getting corrupted during the download and onto your desktop somehow? Perhaps you should download the cab file and transfer it to the CF card on another computer.

Also, are you sure the CF card is formatted to Fat 16 (Fat on XP)?

Does't make any sense whatsoever...unless your Mobilepro is some pre-release device that doesn't take rom flashes...

Here is one other idea....try the CF card in the pcmcia slot with an adapter....
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-05-09 6:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

scsi - 2009-05-07 11:15 PM

Hello!
I have a nec900.
FRIMVARE INFO:
firmware version : P530 V6.0
build date : Oct 4 2004
PIC firmware ID: 3.18.7
Bootloader version : <2.10

updatekit_os2_02_bootl_4_10 - is't not work on my nec.
Screen is white....

Pleas help me!!!

the "problem" is your bootloader is cenet (4.xx, 99% likely it is 4.10) but system is HPC2k - this was already downgraded once before

you get white screen that way with the standard updater

you may verify you have bootloader 4.10 using: http://hpcmonex.net/nec900/files/releases/FirmwCpl_readhybridbootl.zip

unzip, copy file to \Windows on the nec 900, and then open NEC Firmware info applet again and see what the bootloader version is, should say 4.10

if yes, then use C+F keys upgrade method: http://hpcmonex.net/nec900/files/cfkeys.txt

basically take the XIP.BIN from the cenet update and follow the instructions

PS: if for any reason it shows something else, not 4.10, let us know (but I've never seen that happen though it is possible ) .

Edited by cmonex 2009-05-09 6:29 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-05-09 6:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2009-05-08 2:39 PM

Weird...when trying to update, did you pull the main and backup batteries first and run it after a hard reset, running only off the a/c adapter?

only do that if you are sure you're not going to have a blackout while the bootloader is being flashed.

I know the original NEC instructions don't say to reinsert the batteries but that's probably just not written clear enough

basically, the batteries may be in the unit while doing the upgrade, it means additional safety.

PS: of course if you don't mind jtagging then not a problem even if a blackout does happen during bootloader update with batteries out

Edited by cmonex 2009-05-09 6:27 PM
 Top of the page
scsi Page Icon Posted 2009-05-10 4:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cmonex:

i have made it like you wrote!!!!

It works...

Thank you, Cmonex.
 Top of the page
kobrador
kobrador Page Icon Posted 2009-05-12 10:45 PM
#
I'm trying to upgrade a 900 with hpc2000 to wince4.2 but bootloader version is 3.3. Any idea where i can get at least the 4.1 version so I can star the upgrade?
Thanks in advance, Jorge
 Top of the page
AmandaNit Page Icon Posted 2009-05-27 3:02 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, Cmonex!
My name's Amanda and I'm brazilian. I'm sorry for my bad english, I promess that I'll do my best. Well, I need some help. Recently, I bought a Nec900 HPC2000 with bootloader version 3.3. I wasn't thinking about upgrade my operational system, until start to use it. The windows ce 3.0 is too bad for my use. I'll use nec to see internet pages with a wifi pc card, watch movies, hear musics, talk into messenger, skype (if it is possible)... not very strange or impossible, I have a notebook to do other things. But C.E. 3.0 has many limitations that could be solved with a newest version, isn',t it?
Using google, I saw that change the OS to Linux was a soluction. But I hate Linux!So, I decided that upgrade to 4.1 was the best choice. I would like to know how to do it without 'kill' my nec; i'd like it very much. How can I upgrade the system with this bootloader?Can you show me a link with the correct archives? What can I do? Thanks a lot for your patience and help.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-06-28 10:38 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10