x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WiFi Connection on CE 2.11

Ernie
Ernie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-27 3:13 PM
#
I have an HP Jornada 680 running Windows CE 2.11. I have used Windows IE on a dial-up connection with it without problems, but am trying to use it for WiFi with an AmbiCom 802.11b CompactFlash Card, which is known to be compatible with 2.11. The AmbiCom card software drivers loaded fine, and the card works -- finding T-Mobile public hotspots. I get a good signal, and can ping successfully. But Windows IE simply doesn't work. The AmbiCom card shows up in my Network Connections on the Control Panel, but that's it. I have tried several IP address settings in addition to the default (let DHCP set it), but nothing works. IE stubbornly expects a dial-up connection. I have searched the Web in vain for a resolution to this, but haven't found one...

Can you help?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-27 3:14 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

/moved/

2.11 is HPC Pro, not CE 2.0
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-27 4:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Firstly if MSIE is fishing for a dial-up connection

1. Open IE

2. View > Options...

3. Auto Dial

4. Disable Auto Dial

Try the WiFi again.

if that doesn't work, in IE type:
http://205.245.49.102/

If the page loads up, you have a DNS problem. If it doesn't then it's most likley a default gateway problem (Manual assignment will not provide a default gateway over a roaming network - you need a default gateway)
 Top of the page
Jim
Jim Page Icon Posted 2005-04-18 11:12 AM
#
Hi Amy,

I was having trouble connecting to the wireless network at my school, but I typed in the address you listed below and the jornada finally requested a username and password to connect to the network (I couldnt get the network to request this info from me before so that I could connect). How can I do this (i.e., connect to this network) without calling up this address?

Thanks,
Jim
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-18 11:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No Amy's here
 Top of the page
Jim
Jim Page Icon Posted 2005-04-18 11:48 AM
#
OK, so I didnt spell your name correctly.... So,

"C: Amie"... see above question

Thanks,
jim
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-18 11:58 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

My name certainly isn't Amy, and there is an Amy on the board.

The address listed above is the IP address used by HPC:Factor.com, so maybe it needs a log-in before it'll serve dns requests.
You could try saving the log-in page to the HPC and logging in from it in off-line mode.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8