x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Announcement: HPC:Factor and MobileCubed H-Bomb Freeware Edition

1 2
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 11:22 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

We are extremely pleased to announce that HPC:Factor has over the past few weeks been in discussions with MobileCubed software on their exit from the Windows CE developer community.

MobileCubed, and its owner Julio Ortiz have been a long standing developer for the Handheld PC and a tireless devotee of the merits of the platform. Unfortunately MobileCubed ceased trading on the first of June, potentially meaning the permanent disappearance of their products from mobile devices, as is all too often the case and leaving behind trial versions floating across the Internet. Not this time!

MobileCubed approached before the closure announcement was made, and since then we have worked with them to try and ensure that something good comes from this sad event. So, Exclusive to us here at HPC:Factor we are pleased to announce that the Handheld PC release of Mobilecubed's Pocket PC Magazine nominated HTML editor has now been re-licensed as freeware!
The new Freeware Edition of the application includes all bug fix releases of H-Bomb 1.3, and includes all existing functionality from the retail version. The download is available exclusively from us, and dose come with some support restrictions. Meaning if you have problems, you port of call should be the forums here on the site.

H-Bomb 1.3 Freeware Edition is available for H/PC Pro and HPC2000 device running SH3, SH4, MIPS 3000, MIPS 4000 and StrongARM / XScale.

More Info & Download: H-Bomb 1.3 Freeware Edition
 Top of the page Quote Reply
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 1:04 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Free stuff! Woohoo!

Is there also a PPC version? If so, did it become freeware as well and who's distributing it?

I ask because it is important to us too. If there's no freeware for PPC version, PPC users will start coming here just for this software. I don't know how many, but it will be a number.

On the bright side, they might start noticing this site and perhaps consider the HPC form factor itself
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 1:47 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

takwu - 2005-06-04 1:04 PM

Free stuff! Woohoo!

Is there also a PPC version? If so, did it become freeware as well and who's distributing it?

I ask because it is important to us too. If there's no freeware for PPC version, PPC users will start coming here just for this software. I don't know how many, but it will be a number.

On the bright side, they might start noticing this site and perhaps consider the HPC form factor itself

Takwu

PPC users coming to this site? I would think that's a good thing..... 'cause once you go H/PC, it's hard to go back.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 4:41 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No there is no PPC option, not through us, not through anyone.

The programming isn't compatible with PPC2003 and m3 wanted to save the innevitable griping.
HPC:Factor will not, will never, has never used our resources to support the PPC community. Paying to have H/PC users download the file is one thing, paying for PPC users to leech it is quite another so far as I'm concerned.

Even touching the PPC is a danger. I have seen it happen before to H/PC sites who pick up on something PPC one day and in a short space of time loose sight because of all the niceties they have to talk about. In H/PC land you have to work find them, in PPC land they come to you.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 5:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

naah, it sounds like ppc is the evil itself it's just much more supported but it'll always remain a toy in this form factor.

heh but back to point: it's GREAT to have this program to be freeware!! i don't have any real option for html editors on my PC now: frontpage (more like office xp) won't accept my legal serial number, dreamweaver won't properly install and i'm not going to fiddle with it to repair it just now. so why not do html editing on my 728!? i'm sure i'll look at this software soon

Edited by cmonex 2005-06-04 5:17 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 5:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You say that cmonex, but have you ever seen a PPC's true form?

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=873 (Page 6)
wally
wally Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 5:46 PM
#
Many thanks to a developer who realizes their product can live a long and happy life serving users with older platforms.

I'll download my refererence copy for future use and congratulate the developer and HPCfactor for collaborating to make this happen. Let's hope it starts a trend with other developers.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 6:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-06-04 11:39 PM

You say that cmonex, but have you ever seen a PPC's true form?

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=873 (Page 6)

i've seen it and the light now
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 8:31 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Fantastic News!!!

Does this mean that the software will be further developed or is the 1.3 version the final release? I have read the info page and will download and install the software soon but can I just ask if there is (or ever will be) support for 800x600 display devices in this release?
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 11:05 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The release is final. m3 weren't willing to open source the program - in all fairness this is in part due to the fact that is uses licensed controls which couldn't be provided with the source code.

The PPC's 1.5.5 release was much more advanced, but wasn't ported down to the H/PC. We may be able to sort something out for anyone who finds major bugs in the system.

I will make enquiries on whether a SVGA version was ever written.
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 11:32 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

When I contacted Julio reagrding a SVGA version he said he'd never been asked for a 800x600 version before. Quite strange that, I would have thought that other users with larger screen size would seek out a good HTML editor as IMHO it's much more usable than on a smaller screen (ability to see much more code, less scrolling, etc).
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 11:47 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-06-05 5:05 PM

The PPC's 1.5.5 release was much more advanced, but wasn't ported down to the H/PC. We may be able to sort something out for anyone who finds major bugs in the system.

oh, can't be the PPC version hacked onto hpc's?
my experience often is that if a developer made a hpc version earlier, then the newer ppc version can be easily run with the suitable dll's and they're usually resolution aware too =)
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 3:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm sure you probably can, but as you can't download it and you can't buy it even if you do find a trial version... kinda pointless trying.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 5:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh yeah that's the problem. if you want to keep your conscience clean (i.e. no warezing), there's no solution so it's very well that you could convince the developer to release at least the hpc version!
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 6:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I think you should give us a Paypal address on Julio (is that his name?)so we can send a buck or so each. It is possible he might just start a trend. I mean I'll probably never use the software myself, but just his gesture alone is enough for me to contribute to his beer fund.

Rich
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 15