x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

adapter good for batterie lifetime?

theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 6:38 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

In my holllyday I want to use my Intermec 6651 as a music jukebox. Only the battery is not so very good, if the device runs for 4 hours is is quite long
I want to connect the adapter to the device while I'm using the Intermec. (allmost the whole day) My question is; Is this bad for the lifetime of the Batterie, continu using while connecting to a power adaper? I want to use it the whole day as jokebox for two weeks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 7:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

if it's only for two weeks, it surely won't be a problem
laptop batteries can often overheat if the laptop is always running from AC and that's quite harmful to them, but i don't know if there's any risk with an intermec especially if it's only for two weeks...
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 7:33 PM
#
H/PC Elder

The other way is to charge the batteries and remove them, and run your intermec without the batteries. From what I know, the batteries run warm to hot while charging and is a major cause of heat.

As for heat from the LCD, if you are running for two weeks, you will have to handle that regardless if you run from AC or batteries. Running on AC alone should not increase the heat of the LCD, though most people would be less frugal with backlight and run the backlight at high. Hence the LCD may run pretty hot on AC!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 10:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, i don't know the intermec, but my 728's batteries don't get warm.. it might not be the case with an intermec but why wouldn't it be..
about the LCD, if you want to use it only for music, it can be turned off most of the time
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 9:44 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Snappy! - 2005-06-05 12:33 AM

The other way is to charge the batteries and remove them, and run your intermec without the batteries. From what I know, the batteries run warm to hot while charging and is a major cause of heat.

The Intermec 6651 and Sharp Telios HC-7000 can't run without the battery pack present. There are two locks on the underside of the device and even if the battery is present the device won't turn on with these locks in the unlocked position. Unfortunately, even if you remove the battery and put the locks on the device will not power up when connected to the mains.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 12:41 PM
#
H/PC Elder

lextre - 2005-06-05 7:44 AM

Snappy! - 2005-06-05 12:33 AM

The Intermec 6651 and Sharp Telios HC-7000 can't run without the battery pack present. There are two locks on the underside of the device and even if the battery is present the device won't turn on with these locks in the unlocked position. Unfortunately, even if you remove the battery and put the locks on the device will not power up when connected to the mains.

oic ... ... I presumed wrongly I guess ... ... the MP790 ran on AC with the lock in place while the 680e just ran, 'cos it does not have any lock to speak. Just a spring release slider.

well ... ...
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 3:59 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

so it won't do any damage to the lifetime or the capacity of the batterie to while using the Intermec two full weekt on AC power?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 12:07 AM
#
H/PC Elder

theodouma - 2005-06-07 1:59 PM

so it won't do any damage to the lifetime or the capacity of the batterie to while using the Intermec two full weekt on AC power?

well, I doubt it will do any significant damage anyway. Perhaps what I could recommend is to put the ac adapter on a day-timer so that the charger comes on for say 3hrs every 6 hour cycle.

That way, it will keep the battery charged and yet not risk any possible damage there.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10