x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IE problem on SIgmarion III

Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-05-08 4:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi,
I have problems with IE on my Sig3, in fact when I want to go on some sites, e.g. yahoo, it pops up a window written in japanese and every button I tap it gives up loading the site. Is this a known issue that can be resolved?

Another problem is the small text I have, not only on IE, but on the whole Sig III even though I choosed the bigger char sizein control pamel. How can I work it out? I hardly see what I wite and read.
Thanks
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-05-10 1:06 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Think you will find this is yahoo offering the mobile phone version of the page in WAP and IE doesn't know what to do with a wap file so offers a download.

If you put /mail after the url it will load the mail home. Other option is to change the user agent in the registry to indentify the browser as XP (search on here for instructions).
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-05-10 4:54 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

And is there a way to have bigger icons and text?

P.S.: Since nobody has answered yet on my question about bluetooth dun and pan...can you have a look and see if could help? It is important. thanks
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-05-11 4:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

You thought about buying red-gear and trying opera? It will allow you to switch between identifying as PDA/Desktop in menu and can zoom pages etc.

Think there is also a reg setting for text size but opera may be a nicer route
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-05-11 5:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

To enlarge the font size in Internet Explorer, just go to the View menu, where the first choice in the drop-down menu is "Text Size."
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-05-11 6:40 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CE Geek - 2009-05-11 5:37 AM

To enlarge the font size in Internet Explorer, just go to the View menu, where the first choice in the drop-down menu is "Text Size."

Tried but it doesn't affect font size. Don't ask me why.

egaring Redgear, I am a Redgear registered user but I read in Alpxo forum that were no chances to test it on Sigmarion III so I was waiting last release to try it. I think that you if said to try it you must be certain it works problems out. I'll get it a try.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-05-11 6:42 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CE Geek - 2009-05-11 5:37 AM

Tried but it doesn't affect font size. Don't ask me why.

egaring Redgear, I am a Redgear registered user but I read in Alpxo forum that were no chances to test it on Sigmarion III so I was waiting last release to try it. I think that you if said to try it you must be certain it works problems out. I'll get it a try.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-05-11 5:38 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

mr-mac - 2009-05-11 4:31 AM

You thought about buying red-gear and trying opera? It will allow you to switch between identifying as PDA/Desktop in menu and can zoom pages etc.

Think there is also a reg setting for text size but opera may be a nicer route

So, I installed Redgear (I installed release for net 4.1) on Sigmarion III but seems to make system a bit instable, think that it won't power on I have to soft reset it. My Agere wifi card give me an error message when Redgear is on and card doesn't work. If I disabled it works.

I have installed Opera 8.65 but it won't start. Tried Opera 8.62 and it works fine.

Now I need to find a way to have Redgear work...I am gonna trying release for CE 3.0 and NET 4.2.

Are you sure it has worked for you?

If you have any suggestion on how to do, please let me know.

Edited by Slycarter 2009-05-11 5:53 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.141 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9