x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Netbook Pro starter help

NugentS Page Icon Posted 2009-05-09 5:48 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Having just obtained a Psion Netbook Pro what do I need to make it useable.....

I have CF/SD cards (hopefully they will work and aren't too large)
I have ordered a wireless CF card that should work according to this board and got the Aegis Wifi client so hopefully I can use WPA
I have activesync 4.5 - or vista

I plan on using the device to store some documents (PDF) for easy reference and use planmaker from Softmaker as a spreadsheet app. That's about it really... The .pdf's max at about 70MB and I think there is a .pdf reader on the unit - if not there seem to be ones available out in the world - any suggestions?

My question - bearing in mind hat there is no RS-232/Activesync cable although I can always buy one if I need it.

Is there anything else I need to purchase in order to use it and install software on the unit????

Suggestions and comments welcome...

Regards

Sean

Edited by NugentS 2009-05-09 5:56 AM
 Top of the page
NugentS Page Icon Posted 2009-05-13 1:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well it arrived.

I am trying to setup the initial sync with IR - the laptop connects fine with the NBP (via IR) with that application that allows file copy but activesync, both 4.5 & 3.8 both refuse to connect - I am unable to setup a partnership

Any ideas?

Sean

Typical, having spent an hour getting it to work, I write this and then it works

:-(

Edited by NugentS 2009-05-13 2:01 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-05-13 4:50 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You forgot to read the last line of the instructions: Post on hpcfactor.com that you can't get connected.
 Top of the page
NugentS Page Icon Posted 2009-05-14 2:03 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

It just adds to my belief that computers are a malign alien intelligence that HAVE taken over the world...

Sean
 Top of the page
Prince Hal Page Icon Posted 2009-05-18 8:52 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sean,

I am in the same boat as you. I have just bought a Psion Tekkogic netbook pro instead of one of these new netbooks that take an eternity to boot up. What is the make of the wifi card that you pyrchased and where can i I get the software ? I couldn't find the article on this site though it is probably under my nose.

Also can anyone recommend a good word processor for it ? Text maker looks good, but you have to buy the complete office package for $70.

Thanks anyone who can help.

Hal
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2009-05-18 2:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I just use the built in text editor and then clean up and format the text on a desktop PC before I print it. The magazines I occasionaly work for require unformatted .doc files anyway so it's not that important for me.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11