x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC MP 900 CE 4.2 .net wireless issue

rpcblast Page Icon Posted 2009-05-09 6:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I recently purchased a mobilepro 900 on ebay, that had been updated to CE.net. I have also purchased a symbol CF wireless card, and a cisco 350 pcmcia card. Both appear to be recognized by the system after installing the drivers, and they can see wireless networks. I am using peap for security. It never connects when using the builtin wireless manager - I never even get a username/password prompt(which for peap u should get if you are not on the domain). I see no logs on my router or IAS server that point to an authentication attempt(yes I am running peap and IAS at home).

When I try to run the vendor specific utilities, the main window opens fine, however in both the symbol utility and the cisco utility, the profile window appears wayyyyy to small to be of use, only being able to barely make out a couple tabs, the OK and X at the top right of the window. Has anyone else experianced this before and have any idea how to get around it? I am willing to downlaod a 3rd party wireless management software, use the vendor one, or the built in one. I just want it to work!

Side note: my AP is a cisco 1231
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-05-11 1:48 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

rpcblast - 2009-05-09 6:53 PM

When I try to run the vendor specific utilities, the main window opens fine, however in both the symbol utility and the cisco utility, the profile window appears wayyyyy to small to be of use, only being able to barely make out a couple tabs, the OK and X at the top right of the window. Has anyone else experianced this before and have any idea how to get around it? I am willing to downlaod a 3rd party wireless management software, use the vendor one, or the built in one. I just want it to work!

Side note: my AP is a cisco 1231

To solve this problem use winwatch application.

Edited by Slycarter 2009-05-11 1:49 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-05-11 3:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

WinWatch may or may not help - I've seen this issue with more than one CE 4.x .net device, and in those cases, WinWatch would not resize the window, for unknown reasons. Can't hurt to try it, though. WinWatch can be downloaded here:

http://www.damnsoft.org/

Another thing that might work is to tap on the tiny window, then on the taskbar, and then on the tiny window again. Don't ask me why, but in some cases this has made the tiny window go full-screen on a couple of the CE 4.2 .net devices I've used.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9