x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

GPRS - Connection J720 - Eten M800 Smartphone WM6.0

guudePeter Page Icon Posted 2009-05-18 7:17 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello all Members,

can anybody give me a hint how to connect above machines. Problem is MS removed DUN and replaced it with PAN, which is not supported by my Bluetooth software (Socket 8510-00159G card software 120G).
I also installed a patch on my Eten (WM6_BT_Dun.cab) which should add DUN profile to the Eten M800.
Even followed the advice to install it out of the Windows folder.
The patch installed properly, but after the required softreset no DUN was added. And so far I am stuck now.

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/images/emoticons/icon_smile_sad.gif

I would really like to travel to work by train (30 mins), the Eten is stashed away in the pocket and the Jornada with the bigger screen and convenient keyboard on my knees surfing (spectacles on my nose, no need to take off, I am not the youngest any more).

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/images/emoticons/icon_smile_smile.gif

Thanks for all efforts

Peter (Frankfurt / Germany)
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-05-18 8:51 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi,
same problem as mine. I got an Eten M810 and installed BT_DUN too but it hasn't worked. I got the same bluetooth card but rev F. However, someone here claims that bluetooth PAN is supported by Socket bluetooth card.

I am waiting a reply here on this site by someone that said me he succeded on using bluetooth PAN with Socket bluetooth card. I let you know when i have news.

P.S.: Have a look on Eten user forum because they said BT_DUN works on M800.
 Top of the page
guudePeter Page Icon Posted 2009-05-19 11:02 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi to all,

so far the only solution I have found out is the use of pdanet 2.0 for wm (a commercial software, seven days trial for free). It installs itself on smartphone via laptop with activeSync or a cab-file you found in the program folder and transfered to the Eten by any means. On the smartphone it finally installs
the desired DUN profile witch works quite nice.

Two issues a little bit annoying so far:

1. You have to use the proxy in pdanet settings; this means dial-up parameters are supplied by the phone not by the Jornada. Dial -up settings in
the J720 are more or less ignored. Disenabled proxy I was not able to connect GPRS.

2. More a problem is to finish connection and reconnect. I am only able to reconnect when I terminated connection before via pdanet on the smartphone.
Otherwise you will connect again and load only few bytes and the connection is blocked.

thx so far, any comments highly appreciated

Peter
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-05-22 3:39 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi,
I am trying to test DUN connection with the program you mentioned but when I start PDANet it says I have to enable com port.

Can you please tell me how to enable com port on Glofiish to let program work?
Thanks
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 13